What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me do what I did before...

parneiij

This is not a direct request as such but more so me needing a walkthrough. I used photoshop years ago and recently got back into it. I've forgotten everything except the basics and need help recreating this text style. I've got the font and done the stroke, it's the rest. I need to recreate it exactly because a layer I no longer want is covering the middle bottom, as you can see from the image. A quick tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

Untitled-1.png

Dennis1507

I created an example of what your Photoshop file "MAY" look like. If the object you are trying to hide is on it's own layer then simply turn off that layer or drag it below the layers to hide it. See attached example. If everything is on one layer then you will have to just recreate the text, since you already have the font type. Hope this helped.

Layer example.jpg

parneiij

I created an example of what your Photoshop file "MAY" look like. If the object you are trying to hide is on it's own layer then simply turn off that layer or drag it below the layers to hide it. See attached example. If everything is on one layer then you will have to just recreate the text, since you already have the font type. Hope this helped.

View attachment 120538
Sorry I should have said. I do not have the original photoshop file, this is PNG. I can’t separate the layers hence why I need to recreate it.

Dennis1507

Sorry for the misunderstanding. It may help if you let everyone know what the original font name is. That would give us an idea of the starting point. I did a search, but didn’t find a match.

parneiij

The font I have it’s the effects I need help with. I mean like the bevel, gradient etc. I’ve been playing around but can’t get the same effects again. Thanks for the reply.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The font I have
What is the font's name? This can help in our attempts to recreate the style.

Do you remember if you just created the effect or did you follow a tutorial?

Back when I first started using Ps, I had a particular interest in typography/text effects and I would do several tutorials a day. Seems like I remember this style as a tutorial but I never created it. I can't find any existing tutorials that have a similar style. So many great tutorials have vanished.

TIP: Never ever discard a PSD file! Save them all! I have every PSD file I have ever created.

Dennis1507

I know you wanted to create this from scratch, but with the information provided I tried to manually remove your bottom overlay issue. I don’t think this is what you really wanted, but offer it as an option. Did the best I could on the letter "e"

Hand corrected.png

parneiij

I know you wanted to create this from scratch, but with the information provided I tried to manually remove your bottom overlay issue. I don’t think this is what you really wanted, but offer it as an option. Did the best I could on the letter "e"

View attachment 120542
If no one could help me this was going to be my next request! That is amazing thank you. I will take that and clean it up slightly and it'll be good to go. And thank you everyone for the responses.