What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Help me Resize Pokemon Soulsilver Big Box!!!

John Walker

We're trying to make a Pokemon Soulsilver Big Box. If you take a look at the file, the insert is supposed to be the correct size when printed to actual size (measures 135mm x 124mm x 16mm) . A DS game case is 135mm x 122mm x 15mm.

With these two dimensions, we should be able to figure it out. Can anyone help me resize this so I can print it out and build this box? I know a lot of people have wanted to do this, let's try to make this happen so the next time someone Google's it, they'll come to this sub.

If you need any questions.. let me know

box 5.jpg

box 6.jpg

HG and SS Scan Prototype Printable (Back)-1.png

HG and SS Scan Prototype Printable (Front)-1.png

HI @John Walker
I think you are wrong about the thickness of this particular box version. It is more of a double thickness of ~32mm
This image below should match up with that pretty well after making a number of adjustments (images were not scaled well and pieces missing)
Also, I may have totally misunderstood your request as I have no clue what the later two images are all about.
Not everyone is steeped into Pokemon and the boxes that go with Nintendo DS so if this is wrong. Please be more explicit on what is needed for folks that are not into Pokeman and Nintendo.
Hope that does it for you
John Wheeler

POKEMON-B0X.jpg

I'm sorry, thank you so much for this. The other 2 images are for an insert that goes inside the box. The games go in the insert, then everything goes in the box along with the plastic case.

How should I open this to get it ready to print?

complete.jpg

Hi John Walker
First let me clarify that there is some uncertainty about the thickness since you mentioned 15 and 16mm yet the pieces of the cardboard box you scanned or photographed is a thicker version such as at this site:
Pokemon Box Example

I scaled the image so that it would bit the standard 135mm wide 124mm tall box and best estimate for thickness based on what I could gather online about the boxes thickness (much thicker than what you specified.
I am concerned we are not on the same page so wanted to make sure you knew what the pasting together job was based. If you need something different, it is not what I supplied.

The image is a JPG image and all printing software of which I am aware can handle this industry stand format. The image is scaled exactly as I mentioned above. To print a cardboard box, you would need a printer that handles heavy stock and a size that would cover the size of the image. To make it slightly easier I trimmed the image to take out most of the white borders. That image is ~12.5 inches high and 9.5 inches wide. So of course the printer and paper has to handle those dimensions.
It is layed out in the same fashion as it would come off printers for the original and of course would need to be folded carefully.

If you want some inserts that fit into a smaller plastic case, then the starting images you supplied will not match and/or I misunderstood your request.

To print, it is printed as I have supplied it in the forum (you can click on the image, view it, and should be able to download it), you just have to make sure it is printed "as is" and with no scaling and you should be good to go.

Trimmed image is below and hope this helps.
John Wheeler

POKEMON-B0X-trimmed.jpg

Back