What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me to make this VibrantColorRing. PSD included Please Help.

ravinder07

I am making a Vibrant Color Ring in Photoshop CS6 by watching a Video Tutorial on the YouTube.

Here is link of Video Tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XghxY-OxHSo

I have followed everything shown in the video and get proper effect on my artwork until he use the Combine option after placing the rectangular path on the path2(pallet option). I got the similar effect when he put the rectangular path on path2 but when he combine them his path2 look different in the plate then mine. In the video he got a white arc type shape but i got different shape Please look in screenshot for shape i am getting.

(This Screen Shot is taken after Combining both Paths)
shape.jpg

And this one before i combine the paths. This one is seems perfect according to the Video Tutorial.

before combining.jpg

I don't know what i am missing please help me to figure out it.
Check out video part from 15:58 to 16:06.... I stuck here please help me.

I am giving my PSD download link so you can test it in your Photoshop.
http://www.mediafire.com/?y0nonvbnsa37pt4

Not sure if this is what your talking about...........

You go from here.......

Screen Shot 2013-08-19 at 10.04.09 AM.png

Choose MERGE SHAPE COMPONENTS.............

Screen Shot 2013-08-19 at 10.04.24 AM.png

And you end up with this...... (like in the video)

Screen Shot 2013-08-19 at 10.04.45 AM.png

This tutorial is extremely confusing if your not familiar with working with paths in CS6!!!! Too much of what this guy is telling you will have to be worked differently in CS6.

Last edited:
At 17:20 in the video, only select the outer path of the base ring. Then hit the MERGE SHAPE COMPONENTS again. This is the only way this will work in CS6.

Last edited:
Thank you lamSam for clearing this point to me...... i did not get when he use merge option. I am not a native English person that's why i am unable to understand correctly what the guy saying in the tutorial.

Back