What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Need a Tip

mooapo

I have created a header in Dreamweaver using only <div></div> and CSS. It looks kinda plain. Does anyone have any suggestion that I can to to put just a little life in it?

Nothing major, I still want it to retain it's color integrity.

Gray is not part of Header, it's the background.

Attachments

• Sample.png
    Sample.png
    775 bytes · Views: 25
Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Scuse me.
Blank black box? Or is it magical disappearing ink? Sorry, but I don't get it. Can you elaborate or post another image?

Paul

Former Member
Only dogs and cats can see it ibClare lol

mooapo

Sorry about that guys, my fault. I need to pay better attention to my syntax when posting and explaining what it is I'm asking. Again, sorry.

The Black Bos is just a small portion of my ' Header ", a ' Header just of <div>'s and CSS. Of course one can tell there is no ' Background Image ',

What I was asking is, I wonder if I should create in Photoshop a ' low opacity Gray Gradient going down ping image ' and use that to add a little life to that other wise boring looking Black Box.
It will still be Black, but with a little gradient that one can hardly see over it.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Instead of an all black box with a gradient over it, why not just make the box a gradient with the grey fading quickly to black. You can do that by how you position the gradient tool or by setting the stops. You are asking for an opinion and there are as many opinions as there are ________. NM. Without seeing the rest of the text and images, it is hard to make a satisfactory design judgment. You could even add some color to your black by making it a little on the blue side or another color. If there is a predominant color in your images, you might pick that and take it down to almost black, then fade that into black. These are my opinions, lol, for what they're worth. Post what you finally decide so we can see it. Thanks.

mooapo

Instead of an all black box with a gradient over it, why not just make the box a gradient with the grey fading quickly to black. You can do that by how you position the gradient tool or by setting the stops. You are asking for an opinion and there are as many opinions as there are ________. NM. Without seeing the rest of the text and images, it is hard to make a satisfactory design judgment. You could even add some color to your black by making it a little on the blue side or another color. If there is a predominant color in your images, you might pick that and take it down to almost black, then fade that into black. These are my opinions, lol, for what they're worth. Post what you finally decide so we can see it. Thanks.

Thank you very much for the great suggestion.

ibclare

Queen Bee
yvwc; I'd love to see what you come up with,OK?

Just to demonstrate in case you didn't get it:

Attachments

• gradients.jpg
    gradients.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: