What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help needed to create a Droste effect photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesley

Hi all

I am new to this site and am looking for help in creating a fb timeline cover using the Droste effect of the image echoing in the distance i do not have photoshop yet can anyone help me to know where to start or create on for me if i send them a photo:)
lesley

IMG_1506.JPGHi
now you can see how useless i am as i dont know how to upload a photo on this site:redface:

:yourock:oh done it!!!!!

You will need any version of photoshop cs3 and above and then you need to go to adobe labs and download the free plugin called pixel bender. You also have to search on the adobe exchange for the droste effect filter

I believe this will show you everything you need to do.

The droste effect needs to be an absolute square for it to work and your image is to complicated it will just look a mess

Hey Lesley, Check this out: www*cryptlife*com/internet/social/facebook/how-to-apply-droste-effect-in-facebook-cover-photo

This teaches applying Droste Effect in Facebook Cover Photo (Exclusively) !! ;)

Output of the trick - Example: img*cryptlife*com/2012/05/droste_arjun_cryptlife.jpg

Replace * with .

Thank You !

Hey arjun im using the pixel bender droste filter and i followed your steps but im having a problem. how can i get the profiles pictures to go behind each other. my images always keep overlapping each other which blocks part of the profiles pictures in each level like example below.

Untitled-3.jpg

Basically i want it to look like the image below.

funny-creative-facebook-timeline-cover-7.jpg

Thanks for your help as this is really bugging me.

We have been down this road before! No matter how I explained it, the last person wouldn't listen.
Banner12.jpg
Maybe somebody will be able to find the thread where this has been explained, but I am all explained on this issue. I did not use any filter for this effect.

Last edited:
I would guess layers and duplicate layers, and move them where you want them? By the way, Bryce would do this with no problem.

Hey spruce thanks for the reply, but there must be an easier way of doing this using the droste effect pixel bender plugin.

Going back to this photo again. It seems impossible that he could of manually resized each layer behind one another given how accurate each layers pairs up so far into the distance.
funny-creative-facebook-timeline-cover-7.jpg

Just wondering do you have the pixel bender drost effect plugin installed spruce?

Thanks again for explaining how these layers work. But as you can see i always look for plugins to make life easier lol

I have not got it installed on my computer, but if you get four layers perfect, which is not hard to do with alignment options, you can then merge layers and do it 4 at a time. May I just add that this is in now way a screen shot. The dimensions for the banner are all wrong in comparison to the rest of the page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back