What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Needed !!

arunonline

Im a photoshop beginner & i was creating designs when i got stuck.
I have attached a .jpeg image & i want to know how the effect in 2 Elliptical shape is done.
What i have done:

1) Created 1st layer (for the big circle) with elliptical tool & gave yellow gradient.
2) Created 2nd layer (for the small cirlce) which is inside the big & applied clipping mask of a building image.

Here i got stuck. & my question is:

How to show the part of same image in the next set of circles ? What i meant is that the top of the building is applied in another set of layers. How is it possible ?

Will be greatful if i could sort this.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I would just duplicate the buildings layer and clip it to the next circle.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I would just duplicate the buildings layer and clip it to the next circle.
Thnx for ur response.
But, the next set of circle occupies the top of the building of the same image.. I mean the continuation of the same image. Doesn't look like again clipped into the second set of circles.

I really hope I'm understanding what your asking about.

Here's my example......
Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 10.03.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 10.05.13 AM.png

Sir,
i just did what u have mentioned.

I just placed the building image 2 times & used the free transform tool to resize both the images to the exact size.
Then used clipping mask for 1st building image in the 1st set of circle & then used another clipping mask for the duplicate image in the next set of circle.

Well, problem solved.
But, i dont know whether its the right way to do. Or is there any other tool/option in photoshop. Dont know.

But, the result is good. & im very thankful for ur valuable advice. Saved my time. Thnxxx. Take care . C u Later.

But, i dont know whether its the right way to do. Or is there any other tool/option in photoshop. Dont know.
There are always other ways to do things in Photoshop. As I have stated twice now, I'm not sure if I'm understanding your problem. The graphic you posted as an example is super easy to make and I'm not sure I'm understanding your issue or if I'm even providing you with the correct solution. I'm doing the best I can with the information you have provided. Good luck!

Here's a final example. If you would like to see the PSD file on how I made it, just let me know.
Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 1.36.09 PM.png

Back