What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help please! How to create a wet street effect?

Hello
If you want a perfect reflection, you need to know how to mirror the reflection.
It's easy when the subject is placed horizontally
But more complicated if there is perspective. You will have to adjust your reflection by distorting it.

You can simply put areas of colour for a less faithful reflection (your second image).

In any case, study reference images to see what effects you can add to make your image more realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello
If you want a perfect reflection, you need to know how to mirror the reflection.
It's easy when the subject is placed horizontally
But more complicated if there is perspective. You will have to adjust your reflection by distorting it.

You can simply put areas of colour for a less faithful reflection (your second image).

In any case, study reference images to see what effects you can add to make your image more realistic.
The problem with your first video that you attached was it was not in English, which obviously, made it very hard for me to understand, to say the least.

The second one, would have been a lot better with a verbal step-by-step, instead of the music and the writing of the steps of what they were trying to accomplish.

I posted a thread a long time ago about how to make a reflection underneath an aircraft. Perhaps you could find that thread on here and possibly gain some insights that would help you as well. The folks on this forum have been extremely helpful to me and I'm sure others will reach out to you with some other suggestions.

The real problem here is that creating reflections is only part of the solution. It does not create the "wet" effect that I think the OP is searching for.

Example. Here is a cobblestone street with a reflection.............looks nothing like the wet streets in the OP's examples. There's much more involved with this effect than just creating reflections. I'm working on it. If I find a decent solution, I will post it.
Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 10.16.51 AM.png

I think this VIDEO will be part of the solution.

Back