What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Help Vectorizing Text

kweigel89

I have adobe illustrator (haven't had a chance to learn it yet), but I am throwing an army birthday party for a 7 year old, and we are having t-shirts made. The shirts are to say "ARMY" across the front in the ARMY font. I talked to a screen-printer today, and they want to charge me $75 to do the artwork alone.

Can some one show me how to do this, or kindly do it for me quickly? I can afford to pay a small fee.

Maybe you can point me to a website that does this type of thing?

Thank you in advance, for taking the time to read my inquiry.

Hi, for some reason our spam o matic moderated your post which I am now approving. You have this choice. Wait and see if anyone wants to do the free work, or go ahead and put it in the freelance section now. You will have to review the rules and elaborate a bit on the design you want (I think it's pretty clear but a few more details . . . ) if you go to freelance. And of course you should take a look at the minimum prices we have for various jobs.

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...-posting-freelance-job-please-read-first.html

If you want this thread moved to freelance, just click the report button, small yellow triangle at left bottom of post, and make a short comment. All mods and admin will get a notification.

Thanks and welcome to the forum. I hope you'll get what you need. When is your 7 year old's birthday. Sounds like a fun idea which will make it a memorable BD!

Here are two versions. The first is the complete ARMY logo; the second is just the US ARMY part as demonstrated below.

US_Army.png US_Army_no_star.png

Download the two attached PDF files which contain the vector graphics show above. These files my be opened with either Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. When opening the file, specify the dimensions you need for your artwork.

2013-02-25_00-48-50.jpeg

Hope your party goes well.

Attachments

• US_Army.pdf
    2.5 KB · Views: 4
  • US_Army_no_star.pdf
    1.8 KB · Views: 2
Here's one more. Just plain ARMY if that's what you need.

Again, use the pdf file not the image file.

US_Army_Plain.png

Attachments

• US_Army_Plain.pdf
    1.2 KB · Views: 10
Or if you want to use one of your own fonts, start Illustrator up, then click file new and set the document size.

Choose the type tool and then click on the canvas area and type 'army', you can then go through your fonts to see which one you like the most. With the text object selected, click on Object and then Expand from the drop down menu. Now you just have to save it in the same way all programs save- File, Save as, depending on what format the printers want, it will prob be .Ai or .pdf as what you save it as. Done!

Thank you guys for the help! The plain army text is what I was looking for. The birthday is 3/16. He is gonna love the party. So if I take the illustrator or photoshop file to the silk screener's shop on a thumb drive, it will already be in the vectorized format, correct?

Back