What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with board game path tile-pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adagio

Photoshop can do a lot of interesting things, but I was wondering if it can do what I'm searching for right now. Unfortunately I have no idea what to search for on Google to get me on the right track

What I'm trying to get done is to be able to draw some sort of rounded path (where both ends will always be connected) where it will add a line from one side to another. The lines will be set based on a desired number of lines, not a set distance. The white example is a quick manual draw of what I wish to accomplish. The blue is something I have managed to do, but unfortunately that one is just a circle
Would something like that be possible to do for a not experienced Photoshop user?

1543056553914.png

Hello and welcome to PSG.

Is this for a game board?

This is easy to make.

Set up your Brush Tool in the size you would like to make the track.
Use the Pen Tool to create a closed path.
Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 8.18.51 AM.png

Right click the path and choose "stroke path".
It will stroke the path in the foreground color. In this case I set it to red.
Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 8.19.03 AM.png

Use a layer style to stroke the track (18 Pixels)
Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 8.19.53 AM.png

Then use the Line Tool set to the color black and the weight to 18 pixels (to match the stroke)
to make the rungs.
The Line Tool will create a new layer for each rung. You can group these later. By doing this, each rung will be adjustable.
Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 8.24.00 AM.png

Don't know if this is what your looking for. Let us know.

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. And yes, this is for a board game :cool:

From what I understand, it is definitely possible to create a rounded path with connected ends and with a desired number of lines in Photoshop.

One way to achieve this could be to use the Pen tool to draw a path and then use the Stroke option to add the lines at the desired intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back