What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with changing colors of layers, color spectrum.

ShaunTopofThings

I have a multi-layered image that I use to print info cards for our packaging. We have 5 different colors for each product (Red, Orange, Green, Blue, Purple). At this moment, I have 5 separate copies of the layered image in each color. It works for now but anytime I need to make a change to 1 image, I have to manually change and match all 5 at once. (it sucks because we make constant changes everyday) I thought a simpler way would be to use just 1 layered image instead of 5 and use a color adjustment layer over all the layers and just change or switch the color.

So I have the concept but I need help doing it the correct, most efficient way. I have very specific colors I need and I dont really wanna play with a slider to eyeball a color. I'd rather just input the color number I want to change all layers at once.

Also, if a slider is the only way to get the color change, I'm not able to get all colors, especially red. Is there a good base color or neutral color to start with so that the color adjustment can range to all colors when I slide it?

Hi Shaun, sounds to me like an even easier way would be to create 5 new layers above your existing group of images, and then fill each separately with each color. When you want to print/ export then you just make visible the color you want, leaving the other 4 off.

That sounds like the best way so far. I'm adding a "Hue" adjustment layer for each color. The only issue is getting the exact color I need with sliders. But I guess once I manually dial it in once, it should be set from now on. I just wanted to avoid playing with sliders and just input the color number.

There are probably tons of ways of doing something like this but its hard to suggest something "clean" and easy without seeing psd file itself ;) Maybe you can post it, or send it over PM if you don't want to show it for everyone? Alternatively there is plugin for photoshop which may help ;)

(I'm not related in any way with the plugin, or this company :) )
link: https://colorkit.pluginmate.com/

Back