What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with color combination

sarahnicolls

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this question is dumb, I'm not an artist by any mean and don't know much about the color combination, light, ..

I have to create a simple pixelated backward cap with green color ( #14F195), I have the options to create it just with Green or with the combination of Green(#14F195)/Purple(#9945FF).

Green must be the main color.

I created three samples but I'm not sure if I got the color combination right and I'm not sure which one is better.

Can someone please take a look and let me know if I missed something or I did something wrong and from an artist's perspective. Which one do you think is the best choice?

Thanks!

Green 1.png

Green-Purple.png

Pure Green.png

Can someone please take a look and let me know if I missed something or I did something wrong and from an artist's perspective.
Well..............depends on how you look at it. As a pixel based artwork depicting a backwards ballcap.............looks great! The only thing I might add would be shading based on light source direction.

Green 1.1.png

Which one do you think is the best choice?
Top version.

Back