What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Concepts when editing

rockright

Hi everyone!!

So here's something I need a bit of help with:

We are a small team working on developing a website for a client and I am tasked with creating a banner for the homepage. The client has a specific concept in mind : which is a picture of the sea/beach/ocean with a blue sky+sun and a chess/chessboard/someone playing chess. I do understand that this picture does exist on the internet but our client is going for a certain feel which is for the background (blue sky+sun+sea) to project hope/hopefulness and for the chess/chessboard to be a representation of strategy and/or what the company can accomplish for their "future clients".

I have been doing research on image databases both free and paid but all the photos I submitted didn't really pass what our client is looking for.

I don't know what my question is really but I guess I wanna ask the professionals here with years of experience any advice on how you come up with concepts when starting a project or how you can capture a certain feel especially when stitching up 2 or 3 photos.

I tried to come up with a rough layout but I can't seem to capture what the client is going for.

a6bcb796-0fd0-4521-89c8-0131b70d5af0.jpg

Back