What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with "Dome" Tutorial

Larry

Greetings all.

My name is Larry, and I just registered for this terrific forum. I have been learning a tremendous amount from Mark's tutorials, and while I've been using PS for a while now (mostly retouching and enhancing photos) I still have a "ways" to go.

With that long-winded intro out of the way, I have a question on the "Dome" tutorial. In a couple of places it says to "contract" the selection. What does that mean, and how do I do that? Thanks, and I hope I can contribute much as I get more proficient.

Larry

G

Hi Larry and welcome to our board :perfect:

About your question; contracting is making your selecting smaller by a certain amount of pixels. You can find contract under select/modify.
Expand does the opposite.

BTW Larry, you don't need to get more proficient to contribute to our board. That's one of the reasons why I'm carrying the signature that I have ;)

Larry

Thanks Gaus,

I'm going back to the tutorial now and finish up. BTW I'm using PS 7, don't know if that makes any difference.

Larry

theKeeper

Guru
Hi Larry, welcome to the community.

The only difference you'll notice if using PS6 or 7 is that with those 'older' tutes some of the "quick keys" and menu items will be different.

So if you have any questions about those, feel free to ask any time.

Larry

Thanks all for the welcome. This is the best forum on PS I've seen.

Larry

wbiss

Guru
Welcome aboard Larry... you'll enjoy your stay! :)

wbiss

Guru
Oh yeah... one more thing that I forgot to say!
Mark's tutes are the BEST ;)