What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with pen tool & path

localshop

Hi people, I made a curvy path with the pen tool and applied a stroke but then stupidly deleted the path and saved it. A few days on, I now need to put the line onto a 300dpi brochure psd and the one I have is too small so I need to recreate it. I have tried for hours to get it right but I can't seem to get it like the original. Can any of you lovely gurus help me to get the path the same as the one attached? Thanks.

Hi !

I'm not quite sure what it is you're asking for, but if you want the path itself recreated and then converted to an editable 300 dpi psd document - then here you go:
www.jgraphnet.se/Path.zip
You may have to tweek it to fit the document you want it in since it's an exact duplicate och your original 72 dpi path.

--- DKJ ---

that link only opens a blank pad file

You find the path if you click the Paths Panel ( Window -> Paths ) and then click the Work Path. Edit it - if necessary - with Direct Selection Tool or Path Selection Tool in the Tools Panel. It's just the path - not the stroke. Just tested downloading the zip, opening it up in both PSCS4 and CS5 and it worked OK in both.

--- DKJ ---

Why not just recreate path over original shape, drag path to blank document and then resize document. Paths are elastic and will size accordingly.

Back