What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Photoshop 5.1

Nitrowraps

So I have been using photoshop for around 8 years or so in my wrap business, and about 6 months ago my computer got fried when it had a whole 44oz cup of Pepsi spilled into it. Needless to say, they were not able to recover a lot of my programs, Flexi and PS were the two that were the most important to my work. Due to a previous loss I did not have my original 5.1 package with my serial number, so I bought one online from Vintage Cad. After having problems with that I called PS for tech support, and was told what I had purchased was a pirated version with the serial number altered and that I should get rid of it. I sent it back, and reluctantly subscribed to the online version, which I am regretting to no end. As any of you who have switched know, the shortcuts have changed, and my muscle memory is so used to the way I used to work it is constantly bothering me and causing delays and headaches.

So in the middle here, I found one of my backups has my old photoshop program, and I installed it on my computer. Thrilled I went back to work as fluidly as I used to with all the fonts I had saved, plugins, filters and more, albeit under the trial period. I did not realize at the end of 30 days it would not work, and I was forced to go back to the online version, which made it worse after having been teased with having my 5.1 back working the way it used to.

So I have since been looking online for a version that I could purchase that would reactivate my 5.1 with all of the additions I had put into it, but I cannot seem to find anything that I think is legit and not pirated. Does anybody know if I can purchase the serial number to reactivate the version I already have? I would literally pay full retail price to get mine to work again, any leads or help from the gurus?

I've attached a pic of one of the walls in my shop so you can see the kind of work I do, I love my job and PS, but this online version is the devils tool!!! lol20200924_142656.jpg

Thanks in advance!

[ iLLuSioN ]

Power User
Haven't you registered your CS5.1 online at Adobe? If so, you can login and get your key there...
If you have bought CS5.1 not at Adobe, have you checked you emails for you product-key?

If you have a backup with a registered version, you can read the key with various tools.
Have you access to your harddrive of you damaged pc?

Argos

Guru
Why don't you just change the shortcuts? This could be a little bit of pain as well but you only have to do it one time! ^^
So you have the advantages of the newer version without the pain :joy:

Cheers!

Nitrowraps

Haven't you registered your CS5.1 online at Adobe? If so, you can login and get your key there...
If you have bought CS5.1 not at Adobe, have you checked you emails for you product-key?

If you have a backup with a registered version, you can read the key with various tools.
Have you access to your harddrive of you damaged pc?

I had the computer built by a company that installed the 5.1 as part of the package price, so I don't know what they did. This was when I first got into design so I was real green about everything, and now that I have gone through this I am a lot more aware of the fact that the 5.1 served my purpose much better than what I am using now. The company that tried to salvage my old computer was able to get some of the stuff off of the hard drive, and I have the 5.1 on my external but I cannot get it to work any longer as is says trial period is over. So any idea how to purchase the key to operate this program again? As I said, I would literally pay almost any sum to get back to what I like using. Thanks.

Nitrowraps

Why don't you just change the shortcuts? This could be a little bit of pain as well but you only have to do it one time! ^^
So you have the advantages of the newer version without the pain :joy:

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply, but it's more than the shortcuts. I need to figure out where to purchase the key to operate my 5.1 again, any idea where I can do that?

Again, my thanks.

[ iLLuSioN ]

Power User
I had the computer built by a company that installed the 5.1 as part of the package price, so I don't know what they did.
Such companies often uses volume licences. Maybe you can ask them if they have a key for you.

The company that tried to salvage my old computer was able to get some of the stuff off of the hard drive
What should I say? A professional recovery company has the possibility to clean up the magnetic platters inside the drive and can change the pcb or simply install the cleaned magnetic plate in an identical model (with same Rev.#). Anyway...
So any idea how to purchase the key to operate this program again? As I said, I would literally pay almost any sum to get back to what I like using.
No, sorry. I only know non-legal methods, but I don't know any address, where you can buy such a key...