What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with work in progress revisited

Vafann

Guru
Hi! I started all over again with the thing I posted last time. This time I have actually put some work into it, and have been trying to use all your suggestions to make it better. I´m still not done, but I´m happier with the results this time.

What I need help with now is how to make the lighting look consistent, and again, maybe make the whole picture blend together, which I still haven´t figured out how to do. I would also appreciate any other suggstions about what I can do to make it better:) / vafann

Blandad-collage-jpg.jpg

Hoogle

Guru
a completely new approach I see I much prefer this 1 all though the lion part looks a little bit flat compared to the other layers that pop out at you

Vafann

Guru
Thank you Hoogleman! So you see I still have the same problem with the flat lion. I tried to bevel and eboss it, and make some kind of shadow, but it doesn´t work. I´ll try again. All these problems I´m having are teaching me things though, I keep finding new techniques and ways to do things, and it´s fun but pretty exausting. :) / Vafann

SeniorS

Guru
Nice. I agree with Hoogleman lion need more contrast. For my eye earth are too bright and those 4face too. And hand a bit too yellow compared with face.
Little played with that 4 elements but then i thought that you want to make it by your own.
I can post i you want it, its not a big difference i think (and couldn't tell is that better or worth) :)

Vafann

Guru
Yes Senior S, Thank you! I understand. I see exactly what you mean, but I don´t know how to fix it. I think maybe I should put some kind of adjustment layer over everything to blend it all. I have tried that but I can´t get the whole picture to look consistant. :)/ vafann

Hi Vafann

Usually the best way to blend tones, multiple exposures, etc, is using a color overlay whit lower opacity, from the layer style menu, or simply create a new layer and fill it whit color and set blending mode to overlay, in some cases you may use another blending mode, it depends on your image, and the mood style you are triying to achieve on your picture, i recommend using neutral colors like "996633","993333" or "669933", etc, the key is that the color shade to be used doesn't have to be too light or too dark, try finding a balanced color shade.

Hope this helps.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
can i just say Vafann. Fantastic work here! love it!
sorry, i'll shut up now :p

Hoogle

Guru
Blandad-collage-jpg.jpg

I used the liquify filter and bloated out the lion and earth a bit added a drop shadow then image > adjustment> HDR Toning maybe it will work for you

Vafann

Guru
I think that maybe I should thin it all out to match the lion instead, what do you think about that?

Hoogle

Guru
by the way it was an example so yes it has a lot of things that need touching up the teeth for example lol

Hoogle

Guru
No sorry I think that was new for cs5 however you can probably get a free plugin for hdr toning or a 30 day demo for 1

Vafann

Guru
No sorry I think that was new for cs5 however you can probably get a free plugin for hdr toning or a 30 day demo for 1

I will go on a hunt for HDR toning plugins. I will have to do it tomorow though, it´s getting to be past my bedtime, and I can´t keep my eyes open and concentrate. Thank you!