What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here i go again... lines and curve

FastNOC

I'll explain.

been trying to figure the best way to do this, but I keep getting lost.

I'm attaching a pic. What I need to do is recreate these items at double size so they'll work with retina. I don't want to just double them, because the originals are awful and should be rebuilt correctly.

Instead of explaining the mess I've gone through (at least 4 hours) I'll just ask for the best method to do this.

I'm uploading all the little pieces so you can see them. as well as an image of them kind of stuck together. The individual pics need to be recreated for retina. But I need to build them again from scratch because the originals aren't nice at all. they're messy, and just not good.

So I can't figure out how to do this. I can make a straight line with an arrow, but can't figure out how to recreate the dang curved line. I managed to do it in illustrator effects/stylize/round coners but it's never pixel perfect and resizing it just makes it worse.

can someon please PLEASE help a newbie get through this. I can stylize it, but I can't figure out how to recreate these. I have spent far too much time on this and gotten nowhere. Heck I'll pay someone to just recreate the dang individual pieces, at double the size of the ones I'm uploading (the singles).

I'm that frustrated. I don't need the style, I just need the plain lines.

I'm uploading a zip of the individual actual picts I'm trying to recreate. they need to be @2x of course.

if someone could do this for me I'll throw you some money, I'm too frustrated, and now short of time to finish.

Thanks!

sample.jpgView attachment tiny ugly pieces.zip

If you can put this together really quick PM me and I'll shoot you some PayPal goodness for the help. my frustration level is about 20 on a scale of 1 to 10

I can do this for you but I need to be sure I understand what you want exactly. Is it just the shape your showing us except in vector format so you can make it as large or small as you want?

OK, I opened your zip and there sure are a bunch of really tiny pieces there. Is the shape your posting here, the shape your wanting to end up with from these pieces? If so, it would be easier to use the complete shape and trace it for you or you could do it

Last edited:
yes. if you take the little pics in the zip that's the pieces that make up the big one. I need them with the exact same shape so i can reproduce them cleanly.

Ideally they should be the same size as the one with them all together. twice the size of the individual ones in the zip. Doing this for retina stuff. I can do all kinds of newbie things in PS. complete sites, but this is the bane of PS for me. I suck at the line work.

PM me your PayPal addy when you upload them too.

hmm. if I didn't explain that right. ideally i'd get back a pack of images duplicating the ones in the zip (except the big one). i just put them all one one layer so you could see what they looked like all at once.

When do you need this?

You expect exact measurements from pixelated icons?

not pixel perfect, no. i just meant the same shape. there's a crappy drop shodow behind them too so i know it's not going to be pixel pefect. I meant regarding perspective by exact.

Last edited:
I can do this for you but I need to be sure I understand what you want exactly. Is it just the shape your showing us except in vector format so you can make it as large or small as you want?

OK, I opened your zip and there sure are a bunch of really tiny pieces there. Is the shape your posting here, the shape your wanting to end up with from these pieces? If so, it would be easier to use the complete shape and trace it for you or you could do it

didn't see the bottm of your post.

the little pics are the actual icons. the pic in the post is them put together sort of, and blown up 2x which is what I'll have to do.

I don't actually want them small. i need them the same size as the pic posted. I think I isaid that wrong. if they're small, they'll pixelize again when i make them @2x

if you don't have time it's no sweat, I'm kind of swinging blind

I'm looking at it now. Let me see how much work there is.

I looked, can do it, just not tonight. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
What version of PS do you have? I believe you can easily do this with the puppet warp tool. If you have CS5 or CS6 it should be no problem for you,,,,and of course its best to learn how to do things yourself rather than have someone do it for you.

If you do have access to puppet warp but do not know how to use it (a likely situation or you would have used it already I think) google "puppet warp" and there will be lots of videos and tutorials.

Of course the best way to do it would be with vectors and a "paste along vector" run. I did a small video in which I use this technique and it may help you learn both vectors and using brush styles so it may be worth your time to check it out. The video was created to show how I use PS & a CAD program together to design 3D models for milling so please be patient as it will be a while before you get to the vector creation section of the video. I am including a link but really, for the job you have described puppet warp will get the job done and the learning curve will be much shallower.

PS sculpting 13 min video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKWUQ86GF1Y&feature=plcp

Last edited:
Puppet warp? To trace outlines?:question:

Puppet warp? To trace outlines?:question:

Sorry about the confusion, what I intended to suggest was that since FastNOC said above that he/she could create the straight line and arrow, but was having a problem with the curved ones, that it would be simple for him/her to create straight segments and use puppet warp to change them to follow the curved lines as needed.

Last edited:
You can close this. i went ahead and got it myself since time was so short. was hoping someone was as bored as I usually am :)

Thanks for the recommendations and help!

Back