What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey Guys - Small type

Screeech

Seems like a gret forum - hope to learn a lot.
Mybe you can help me wth something.
I'm using an oldder version of PS and I'm using a 43" Monitor. When I run PS it is so tiny I can not read any of the type and I can not find a wy to get it to enlarge. I have tried changing the resolution of the Monitor but it isn't working out. Any suggestions. BTW - Same thing with Adobe Bridge.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try adjusting the UI font size.

Go to PREFERENCES > INTERFACE

Adjust the font size. YOu have to restart Ps after any change.
Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 2.10.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 2.10.53 PM.png

thebestcpu

Guru
In Wndows 10 preferences there is a section for setting text size (right above the resolution section in the image below). Mine is set to custom scaling yet you can also turn that off and set a larger scaling factor. I suggest trying that avenue and see if it helps. Totally changes text size on my machine yet I am using VMware on a Mac so cannot test this on directly on a PC.
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 7.50.04 PM.png

Screeech

Hi - Drop own menu only goes as high as 350 and I cant find any way to enter a larger value manually. Did change the size - but not the UI text.

thebestcpu

Guru
If your settings page for the display comes up and says you have a custom scale factor set, you have to click the link to turn it off and then sign off. Next time you come back to the display settings, a slider was presented to me to change the scaling. You may already have done this yet could not tell from you response post.
I have not seen another "sure" fix anywhere and many were bemoaning that Adobe fixed this for CS6 on Macs and not on Windows machines and then stopped support of CS6.
I hope another forum member will come up another option for you that works.
Best wishes on a solution
John Wheeler

Screeech

Thanks John - I'll try it. Does anyone know of a PS version that you CAN change the UI size? Might be time for an upgrade.

thebestcpu

Guru
I suggest you get a trial version of Photoshop CC and see if you can change the UI as per prior suggestions including the one from IamSam above.
The link for free trails is here: Link to Adobe Free Trial of Photoshop
Note that all versions of Photoshop after CS6 are subscription based and there are not other options for supported Photoshop sotfware.
You can bail our of the 7 day free trial with no penalty.
If you take this path, it would be great to here if it helps solve your issue.
John Wheeler