What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi From Australia

Ryadia

I'm new here but that's only because I need help!
I recently bought a new HP designjet Z5400 44" wide postscript printer. These are new to market and the Specs are good. Output is a tad slow but they put out beautiful canvas prints. But it won't work with Photoshop CC! True... How a firm like HP could make such a great printer that won't accept Photoshop instructions or for that matter, instructions from HP's own Instant Printing Pro software is beyond my comprehension.

After 3 months of getting lied to and misled by HP Australia I finally resorted to threatening them with legal action if they didn't honor their 3 year, next day service 'customer care pack' I paid an extra $1200 for. What did the do? Offered me a refund!

When I told them the printer belonged to a finance company and they'd have to pay them out for it, they stopped communicating with me. All because I said if I took their offer I'd be committing a criminal offense... Larceny as a Bailee. I can't post a link to my video of the printer saying that sending a JPG or TIFF or PDF file to it is the wrong format and can't print it. Sorry I can't list a link to the video I made showing that you can't create a page size shorter than the roll width to print a few pictures in a row across the top but if you send me an email I'll give you the link.

Has any one else encountered such deplorable service from HP? Or for that matter got a late model DesignJet printer that won't take correct instructions from Photoshop? I'd love to hear from you. Maybe HP in the USA or the UK might offer warranty service? Because I bought it to make goods for sale it is exempt from consumer protection laws and because I own a company to trade under, I have to engage a lawyer to take legal action. All this costs bundles of money.

Someone on another forum suggested he'd have been better off throwing his new HP laser in the dump than wasting nearly twice the cost of it on a lawyer to get HP to replace it under warranty. They really must be a sad bunch of people in Australia. I used to think HP in Aus were as good as it got but after my three months experience waiting for help, I'm not so sure. They told me HP's printer driver Lab is in Spain and doesn't even have the Internet connected!... Security in the extreme wouldn't you say?
HP_error_printing-jpeg.jpg

Any help gratefully appreciated. Sorry to be grumbler in my first post but I've either got to get this thing working or buy an Epson or Canon that I know does accept images to print.

Ryadia

Are you printing from the computer or a memory card/ usb pen directly.

I've got a 'system' that stores image files (2 terabytes of them) that get sold by 'print on demand' using Photoshop. That was OK with the iPF 8100 Canon but it's upkeep was horrible so I figured I'd buy a HP. I've never printed yet from anything other than Photoshop and Corel Photo paint. Oddly Photo paint does everything it should except match colours right!

Then I figured I'd use the Instant Printing pro. To me it seemed like I could just select a bunch of files (or an individual one) and it would print in the right orientation OK but it won't print at all. I'd like to get the Email delivery to the printer working too but I'm so shaky now about the treatment I've gotten from firstly the mob I bought it from and now HP that I feel like sending the video to every TV station in the world and exposing HP for sitting on their hands and doing nothing with my $1200.

If you can help I'd appreciate it greatly.

Ryadia

Back