What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Northern Colorado

thebestcpu

Guru
John Wheeler here from Northern Colorado.

Out in the boonies just east enough of the mountains for great views of the Rockies.

I am mostly retired and my photography is for fun as opposed to how I make money. Just an amateur yet greatly enjoy photography, Photoshop, and Lightroom.

I am here for help with an atrophied right brain (the creative part) yet might be able to help on technical issues with my heavier left brain side.

The Forums look great and am looking forward to learning (and possible contributing as appropriate).

Thanks in advance to any that provide me help.

John Wheeler

Below is one of my favorite sunsets looking towards the Rockies from my house (click on thumbnail)

Colorado-Sunset.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi John - Great sunset photo. You sound like our type of guy. I'm only on for a few moments, but I'll respond more fully (including to your PM) later today.

Welcome!

Tom M

PS - I hear that a bit to the west of your area, especially around Steamboat, is getting hit with some good snow. Are you getting dumped on down on the flatland, too?

thebestcpu

Guru
No snow in the flatlands. Might get some this Thursday. A white Christmas for the majority of Coloradans (not in the mountains) is actually the exception rather than the rule even a couple decades ago when it used to snow more.

Tom Mann

Guru
Yup. Those mountains sure have a way of getting in the way of weather, don't they. LOL.

PS - Check your private messages.

Tom

geokatz

It's barely snowed here in my part of NE this year. Only one day has been bad so far. It used to be way different!

thebestcpu

Guru
It's barely snowed here in my part of NE this year. Only one day has been bad so far. It used to be way different!

I agree with that. Thought I am dating myself 30 and 40 years ago we could measure the severity of the winters by how many "2 foot" snows we had that year. In the last 8 years we have only had a single "2 foot" in my area and not many more in the next prior 20 years. Quite a shift for this area. Some years dryland grass has a hard time growing :)