What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi PsGurus Community

ChrisHPZ

Power User
Hi everyone, how are we doing. I hope everyone had a nice holiday season whatever your faith is. I'm Chris and a recent member to this forum. I guess I don't have any preconceived notions of the community climate towards one another here, but I do hope that the members here are much more mature than a forum I refuse to be a part of anymore. Anyway, I'm working on entering the field of professional web design and have just received an Associates degree. The next degree will come soon enough, but for now I have time to get involved with the latest trends of web and graphic design so here I am.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Welcome to the community, Chris.

We're a small community here but as you may have allready seen we're a friendly , helpful bunch. .... insane sometimes... lol...

Enjoy your time here.

ChrisHPZ

Power User
Thanks dv8, I appreciate it. I have to ask, based on your handle I get the impression you're involved with motion graphics. Adobe Ae, Pr, Ol?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Not really... I'm more of an all-arounder... lol....

I do the usual graphics design work as well as for architectural work purposes. I do 3d modelling and rendering on the side as a hobby or when business is slow.....

dv8's been my handle since the earliest days of the internet and yahoo.

ChrisHPZ

Power User
Got it. I've been availing myself with AfterEffects for a short time now. Aside from the mega-huge files it produces, I find it a challenging yet relaxing hobby. Not really sure if there's such a thing as a professional web designer/motion graphics editor, but I can hope.

ChrisHPZ

Power User
Yes I'm familiar with DAZ Studio only by name though. I haven't used it, but it seems to be quite the solid editor.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
As well as a lot of the needed Character Models, Props and related stuff..... My lizard avatar is a Poser/DazStudio 3d model. Rendered in POSER but composed in PS.

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
G'day mate, enjoy your stay here. And yeah some of us are more grown up than others, me... 'some people call me the space cowboy, some call me the gangster of love'...