What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiding the media player

Doc

I know this isn't a photoshop subject but wasn't sure where else to post this:

Some of you may have visited my 'Jukebox' I created using photoshop and image ready. My question is: Is there a way by script or other means to hide the media player when a song is selected for play?

As it is now, when a button is pushed to play a song, the media player opens then begins to play the music. I'd like to just have the music play in the background without the player popping up. I know a music file can be imbedded in the background to play on page load but that's not the effect I wanted unless each song I have can be imbedded to play when a selection is pressed.

Any suggestions?
Here's the link again: http://glewis.us/v7th_Recon/jukeboxlabeled1.htm

Thanks in advance,

Doc

One problem that exists is that different people will have different media players. For instance, when I clicked on a song I just had a new browser pop up playing it as a Quicktime file.
I'm guessing that the determination of whether a file will play in the background or not is mostly dependent on the user's setup (i.e., what application they've designated to play WAV files) and is thus out of your hands.
One way out could be to do the site as a Flash site, in which case you should be able to imbed the files (but then you have all the usual Flash issues to deal with-who has it, who doesn't, etc.-not to mention the prospect of doing everything over).
I'm curious to see if anyone has any suggestions...

First, thank you both for responding and I apologise for not replying sooner...been a bit busy lately. :\

I'll look into both a javascript solution or flash (hopefully it supports a 'click to start' option) as soon as possible. I wouldn't use it for my current 'jukebox' as that would require a complete redo. I've been thinking about creating a 'radio' where changing the dial would start a different audio file.

Thanks again,

Doc

Doc Thanks for checking back!

I think you can add some simple js script on the site you have up and it will make your player invisible. You don't have to open another page to have music begin. Try the forum for the correct js embeds They should be able to modify your Front Page script easily.

If it were written in HTML you would just add: hidden="true" to the embed attributes and the object won't appear. Or you can allow a small small control panel to open on the same page so the user can turn volumn up or down (by giving the dimensions). Fairly easy to write in HTML.

Yes I remember the site and I like this jukebox site very much. %}

Back