What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Resolution

Does any one know how i would make a high reolution image in photoshop. I have the image, but i need to make it high res. Do i do this by just adjusting the image size?

Is the source image a jpg,a tif?

The problem with making an image into high res if the source image is smaller then you want your end result to be,is that you have to stretch pixels to do it,it wont make your image look very nice if you have to do that sorry :)

What size is your source image,and what size do you want to make it?

Can you re scan your image or take a pic of it again at a higher res etc?

Stu.

actually i cant re take the pic or rescan. I made a flyer for my church and it was sent to the print shop to get printed on this thick kinda double sided glossy paper. He said he couldnt do it unless it was a high res. image. here is the image: its width is 396 pixels or 5.5 in. and its height is 252 pixels or 3.5 in resolution is 72 pixels/inch

First - If you can rescan, then rescan at a higher resolution (300dpi or greater, especially if you'll be resizing in PS later)

Second - Determine what the OUTPUT resolution is going to be. By that I mean, what resolution is the printer going to be printing at? If the printer says he's printing at 300dpi, then that's where YOU want to start as well in PS.

Third - Start your NEW PS document at the proper size (width and height), resolution (i.e. 300dpi), and color mode (RGB, CMYK, grayscale). As a side note for 4 color process printing that is laid out in PS... work in RGB mode and as one of your final steps, convert the document to CMYK.

Hope this helps!!

Back