What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hillsman

Hillsman

Hi Forum I am a newbee and have been taking photos for the last 3 yrs and mainly take sun rise and sunsets. I have come to this forum to find info from experianced users as i want to write text onto my photos. I want to be able to create a slide show and overlay text on to the individual photos as the slide show plays out and also have background music on it as well. Is this too much to ask of photoshop or am i better to use a different product. Thank you for any info as i dont want to buy products that wont cut it

• :rolleyes:

You will be able to do a lot more than just text on the photos, Music on the other hand, you'll have to put the slide-show together with windows movie maker.

If your budget allows you could also get After Effects which will give you a ton of options for slide shows, music etc - although it has a fairly steep learning curve as I am finding out! Would always recommend you get Photoshop as there will be tons you can add to your photo's, as Spruce says above much more than just text :)

Hi and welcome first of all. I do not know if you have after effects but I have made some pretty stunning photo slideshows using after effects it has some amazing abilities. In all honesty yes it is trickier to learn than most slide show software after all it is designed for movie special effects but once you have learnt it then you will be impressed here is a tutorial to get you started.
VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals
If you are doing photography then you can really have fun by trning a picture into a 3d layer and then do camera tracking through the picture it is really clever

You will be able to do a lot more than just text on the photos, Music on the other hand, you'll have to put the slide-show together with windows movie maker.

Thankyou Chad very helpfull, which photoshop programe would you recomend i buy

Back