What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hmm maybe someone knows a tut or at least how to do:

stOrM!

Well I'm not searching for a tut here really but maybe for someone who could explain in simple steps on how to make it...

1. lather
2. ceramic tiles
3. plastic diamants
4. mirror
5. electric socket

best regards
s!

MsOz

Power User
If explaining how to do something in easy steps is not a tutorial, then what, pray, would you say is it???\:]

Have you tried a web search for explanations, if not tutorials for these effects? Have you put forth any experiments on your own? How close did you get?

You should show us what you've done, or tell us what efforts you've made so as to spare yourself the same ideas, or the same links being presented to you. That helps us to help you better!

stOrM!

re

If explaining how to do something in easy steps is not a tutorial, then what, pray, would you say is it???

Well it seems whenever I watch this board and see any posts of yourself, I got the feeling you're mostly mad about something?

You don't have to answer me any questions if you don't like and sorry my english isn't the best so sometimes for sure I'm not able to describe what I really want or like to do so sorry for that...

What I ment "no tutorials" is: I call a tutorial for myself some deep explaining text which shows you any step you need to get a desired result... What I just wanted is: if someone is familiar with how to get the things I need to do, it would help me a lot because if he/she can describe it like:

shapes clouds / bevel & emboss just a few words this will help me though...

And no, I didn't find any tuts which will cover the things I need, thats why I asked...

I've uploaded some photos which will show what I need to draw for some people which can't follow my english...

http://www.mg-networks.de/stOrM!/work/001.jpg
http://www.mg-networks.de/stOrM!/work/002.jpg
http://www.mg-networks.de/stOrM!/work/003.jpg

regards
s!

nitrobutler

Power User
All three images will certainly need BevelEmboss and after you complete the designs maybe save them as an alpha channel and try using Lighting effects.
P.S. It did sound like you wanted a tute at first (there's nothing wrong with that IMO).

stOrM!

re

I'll give it a try I'm currently working on something which hopefully will work out...

BTW. Like we say here, it depends on "how you shout in a wood" so it echo's back ...Got me?? :p

best regards
s!

MsOz

Power User
Yeah, but we all know how ineffective shouting "wolf" can be, now don't we? [stuned] :p

stOrM!

re

;\

theKeeper

Guru
Well it seems whenever I watch this board and see any posts of yourself, I got the feeling you're mostly mad about something?
:rofl: hahhaa... well Storm... that's just a personality trait. MsOz doesn't mean anything bad by it. Take it with a grain of salt. ;)

The 1st 2 images are fairly simple to make... the 3rd will require a lot of preperation to create that shape.

Let's see how far you've gotten the effects first Storm, then, if you're still having problems, i'll do up a couple mini-tutes on the first 2 images. The 3rd though, i'm going to let you or someone else wrestle with. :D

stOrM!

re

;)
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaark!
Man I had the feeling your in an endless sleep or something similiar??? Really good to see you around!

Ok for the ceramic tiles I did them the easy way though...
I'm working on something like a bathroom / crime scene * :rofl:

Thats how I made the ceramic tiles:
Probably they're better technic's for is but this looks ok to me?

1. Defined the Base Color I need and fill a rectangle...
2. Clouds Filter to get a more dirty look (will need to be improved for what I'm trying to create but this comes later...)
3. 2 px rectangle (horizontal + vertical)
4. Make a copy of those 2 px rectangles, placed under the original ones... CTRL+I Blend Mode Soft light... nudge 1 px right + 1 px down...

Done...

You think they are ok so far???
Well I'm don't having a problem with the shape at all, I do have a problem because of the look of it (so many little reflections, it mirrores stuff from the room behind and more... and its made of plastic at all) Thats what makes really problems you know Mark???

BTW. I've got the idea while someone on another Board had problems with a sewer wall tut so I've created (see yourself in the attachment 8[

best regards
s!

Welles

Guru
stOrM!,

The sewer wall looks great!

In creating your tiles, it may be that a little irregularity of individual tiles and grout lines and subtle color differences to indicate depth may be valuable. It all depends on what you want. Here is URL for a web page which has an excellent small tile pattern made for seamless textures.

http://www.workdance.com/downloads.html

You have to scroll 2/3rds of the way down the page but there is a download for the tile pattern and a glass block. You can also click on a link to see how the pattern tiles on a web page.

This may not be what you are after but the way they created the tile pattern itself is illuminating!

stOrM!

re

Ah thanx... I'll check them out...

regards
s!