What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Manipulation Homestead

Eggy

Retired Moderator
This is a very good one Crystal! :thumbsup:
Not the most happy home coming but good composition!
Just a couple of observations; the house and the man are a bit too sharp, so I would blur them 0.5 px (look how its coming up) to have a better blend.

gedstar

Guru
Nice work Crystal, I agree with Lambert and maybe add a little bit of noise to the man as well about 1 pixel monochromatic

Pipsmom

Guru
Did over do the blur on the house? Love what the blur and noise did for the man, made the world of difference
Old Homestead.jpg

Last edited:

Pipsmom

Guru
Thanks Chris I thought so but wouldn't touch it again till I got a option.
Just may start all over tomarrow as this has been extremely good practice and need to perfect that even more besides I learned what I need to do when a cut out is too shape. Been a good learning composite this, glad I finally got inspired by something

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Composition wise this is very good Crystal.
The house is the focus with some details close by and not scattered all over the image and the man nearing from a corner leaving full view on the focus and in the correct perspective.
Now working on the details...

Pipsmom

Guru
Couldn't rest till I reworked it... changed a few things this attempt, the foreground weeds looked a little to shape so I toned it down and warmed the landscape, re-done the blur on the house, grounded that tree....did I miss any detail that needs adjusting?
I've stared at it till I'm blurry eyed now
Old Homestead.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Crystal did you 'soften' the background?
No need for that, it was fine...:eek:

Pipsmom

Guru
Yes I did, so you advise not to soften that and only the focus area right? Learning so much from you guys today

More like this?
Update- sorry had to change picture posted the wrong one
2 Old Homestead.jpg

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Just blurring a very tiny bit the house and the man, and that's it.
Just enough to make it blend in with the background wich was fine and nice!
Turn the house and man into a smart object so you can refine the blur to fit the background...

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I'll check on my PC tomorrow because a tablet isn't the best way to view the picture

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Now it's good!
Man and house seems well blended with the background...:thumbsup:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Good observation @Raffa!

Crystal, you have indeed a halo around the man
Untitled-1.jpg

Here's how to tackle that:
Be sure not to include the head because you'll lose hair detail!