What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How and When he did this in video.

ravinder07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsGXVMwxO0E

I was trying to follow this logo making tutorial and stuck on 1:26. I think he skip. How he add layer mask and what he did with it..........can anybody tell me what he did.........he was have only background layer when he start the tutorial and after creating Circle on the background layer and return back to the Platte there is another layer name with shape and have layer mask........How and when he did this please help i am newbie.

Hi ravinder, I see what your talking about. I use CS6 and I know he is using CS5, so I don't know if CS5 added the mask or if he did. It should not matter.

In CS6, the Ellipse Tool does not add a mask and the effect turns out fine......

Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 9.51.59 AM.png

I tried adding the mask and it made no difference! (unless he uses the mask in a later step)

Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 10.07.31 AM.png

Also at 1:17 and at 3:07 he is trying to center the shape. There is a much easier way to do this. Select your Move Tool, hit comd/cntrl + A to select all (SELECT > ALL), highlight/select your Ellipse layer your trying to center, then hit these two alignment icons.....

Centering_01.png

Then hit cmd/cntrl + D to deselect.

This ensures you get the ellipse centered perfectly!

Last edited:
Thank you for both of your response. I am using CS6 so i think that's why i did not get the mask and effect as lamSam already said.

Back