What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I create a 3 dimensional gray paper photo background

Koula

Hello

I have a photo of three people. One is standing and two are sitting on the floor. I need to remove them from the actual photographic background and place them onto a new simulated gray paper background. My main problem is: How do I make the fore and backgrounds look realistically 3d without having a seam adjoining floor to wall? Is there a dismap?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
:)

?? [confused]

use the zoom tool and work in detail... there are no click-and-ready buttons for this...

Koula, if you mean that you want a "seamless" backdrop for your subject matter, but you want to create the impression of 'dimension', I would rely on the use of:

a) highlights
b) shadows
c) perspective

Here's a small example of what I mean.

Notice that the 'window light' suggests a wall and where the light bends, it suggests a floor. Also, note the shadows. The standing boy's shadow bends where it meets the imaginary wall.

Back