What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I quickly do these designs in Photoshop?

artsup

I am trying to replicate pattern designs like these for a hoodie, I'm not the greatest at photoshop but here is how I was able to replicate another one like this (but different design)

I enabled grid and used polygon lasso tool to draw each symmetrical shape, then I would fill it in with the color i wanted. It's tedious, is there a better way to make crazy types of shapes like these without manually having to draw them in photoshop and making sure everything is always symmetrical etc..?

Huge thanks!

You can just make you image and apply a hexagonal pattern on it,
For example here we have an image of hoodie without hexagonal pattern

nike-jdi-just-do-it-hoodie-orange.jpg

And this is how it looks after applying the pattern

nike-jdi-just-do-it-hoodie-orange2.jpg

This is just for example. you will have to play with it to get the best results. like change the blend mode, opacity color and other things.

You can get the the patterns i've used in this one here

http://www.shapes4free.com/vector-photoshop-patterns/hexagon-photoshop-patterns/

So I got the hexagon/honeycomb pattern part down, I'm more wondering about all the weird triangle shapes and how to easily make those without sitting there for hours drawing each one out.

I am sorry i am not good at explaining things, so let me just come up with a quick video.

Thank you for your video it was helpful. Is there a way to make these triangle and weird rectangle type of objects quickly and symmetrically without having to do it by hand?

shapes2.png

Whatever crazy shapes you put on a image, its ok if you do it to improve your personal photoshop skills.
But don't even think about selling your images as your own design.
You'll get into legal trouble because every logo design is copyright protected.

Back