What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I wrap a label image around a bottle?

Rhino1616

Hi all,

I'm using PS7 & I have an image of a blank beer bottle & I would like to wrap a label around it. Can anyone point me to a tutorial that can help achive this. Ive searched the net but i seem to keep seeing tutorials on wrapping text around an object, & not an image like a label around an object.

Thank you

Hey man, you should really download the trial version of CS2! :} :} You can wrap an image around a bottle in a snap using the new warp transform mode. If you have brodband, it will probably take less time to download and install CS2 than it will to wrap your image around a bottle on PS 7. I know of a way to do it on PS 7, but it will take work and patience. \:]

Duh!... [confused] ...I shoulda known that!

I know of a way to do it on PS 7, but it will take work and patience.

I'm curious.
Care to give a brief run down?
You know, just the general direction of your thoughts?

Well, stroker, I used to skew parts of the image to get a curl. I would take the marque tool and select from the middle out and skew it up, then repeat that step outwards untill i reached the end of the image. Then I did it to the other side. It helped to have the grid on, or guides but it still took a long time. [confused]

you could always put teh image on a 90 degree andle and shear it..!

it would work as i used to use it like this before the 3d transform.....

Ha, thats great dzero2!
I think everyone should just get CS2! :}

Using Shear is covered in the first page of the tutorial that Jon linked to. Not just Shear, but Shear with a little extra nugget.

Thanks, Pat. Sounds your method will work, but tedious as you've said.

Personally, I wish more people would get a 3d package and learn a few tricks. Not just for wrapping labels, but 3d text, 3d drop shadows, and lots of other things. There are plenty of free 3d softs out there and they are usually pretty easy to learn the simple things.

Not that I'm trying to out PS, but 3d can seriously help 2d work in so many ways.

.. needed to wrap an image around an object ('cos, I'm not so good at Pshop) .. did the google thing and only got heaps of wrap text stuff .. then my ageing brain remembered that stroker had done stuff about wrapping waaaay back in the distant past in the days of Wendy, sfm, DV8FX, Bubble and more (that was during the 'avatar wars') ... but I digress, so I did a search on PSG and thank GOoDness (or whoever should be thanked) for archives, I found what I wanted (a full blown tute on how to wrap .. by stroker, of course) ... now I could have let it end there ... but I decided to post this msg, to bring the invaluable stroker info out of the dark, spider webbed archive basement and into the bright sunshine of today so that recent new members can see some of strokers gems (in particular look at http://tech-slop.serveit.org/tob.shtml .. sooo many gems, soo little time) ...
disclaimer:- stroker and I are not related, he didn't pay me money to post this ....... I am a wrapper, not a rapper (be still my ageing bones) .. lol ...

Back