What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How could I recreate this face?

DannyD_92

Hi all. I know this is a long shot and probably difficult to recreate but, can anyone give me tips/ideas on how to change the face in the image to someone else’s? Cheers

D52E252B-F177-44A6-B50B-87B81BF7BAF8.jpeg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well................it depends on two things..............do you want realism and how much work are you willing to do.

If you want realism, read on. This is one way it can be done.

As you can see the faces or busts are created using covers on the stadium chairs.
Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 9.42.41 PM.png

Some of the chairs have multiple colors in each cover as seen here.
Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 9.56.09 PM.png

You can easily isolate a singe white chair. Just remember you may have to isolate several chairs from the different sections because they will all have slightly different perspectives.
Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 9.57.21 PM.png

Make copies of the isolated chairs chairs and align.
Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 9.58.53 PM.png

Then colorize the chairs either in groups (with masks) or individual chairs with a Hue & Sat layer.
Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 10.01.25 PM.png

Giving the chairs multiple colors would be just a matter of masking two chair layers. (Bottom chair)
Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 10.08.31 PM.png

Making the graphic is simple, just use an image and convert with posterize, cutout filter, or Patchwork filter. Then free transform for the right perspective, overlay, reduce the layers opacity, and color the chairs accordingly by sampling the colors from the overlay.
Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 10.12.58 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Another way that would be much easier but less realistic is..........

If you just have a good hi-res photo of a stadium with plain colored chairs, you could just overlay a graphic face (photo) and just use solid color fill adjustment layers and it's accompanying layer mask to colorize the chairs. You may have to colorize the affected chairs to white before you begin adding colors. The multiple colored chairs would add difficulty to this method.

Aravind

There are probably multiple ways to do it. I personally would be playing with the Blend if tool. Basically, take the photo I want to display there. Then change perspective to match the angle of the arrangement of the chairs. Then play around with blend if.

DannyD_92

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to try make it realistic like it’s meant to be in the stand. Making the new photo cartoon style like the stadium one shown

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was hoping to try make it realistic like it’s meant to be in the stand. Making the new photo cartoon style like the stadium one shown
I don't understand. I feel as though I covered this for you. Do you have any questions?

colleague

Guru
first you have to take a stadium with plain colored chairs like Iamsam says,
or you make a colored stadium white with a hue/saturation adjustment +burn/dodge tool

and then make a color layer with mode on "multiply"

example + PSD attached

stadion2.jpg

Attachments

• stadion2.psd
    5.4 MB · Views: 3

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@colleague - This is a great option and seemingly less difficult than what I was proposing. I had done some early experiments with turning all of the stadium seats white and could not figure out a good way to do it. I then ran out of time.

Based on your posts explanation above, I still wasn't clear as to how you turned the seats white until I looked at your PSD.............I see that you only turned a small row of chairs white (using hue/saturation adjustment +burn/dodge tool) from each section and then you did some copy, pasting, and moving to turn all of the chairs white. You can see this with the seams and repeating chairs. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this, it works really well................you would just have to explain that this is what you have done.
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 11.35.15 AM.png

Another thing I feel that might need some explanation is how you did this. How did you create the Monroe graphic with the chair/seat pattern?
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 11.43.52 AM.png

colleague

Guru
OK , after making a part of the chairs white , I copied and pasted the rows to gain some time

then I made a black&white picture of Marilyn very small so it becomes pixelated and used an adjustment-layer " gradiënt map" to color
it was something from an old project I still had ( see psd attached)

to make it more chair pattern , I made 1 chair-selection and filter blur average , and just made an action to repeat it for 1 row and
then an action to repeat for the rest of the rows

also transformed the picture with perspective and disform , then adapted a bit better with mixer-brush

Attachments

• monroe.psd
    71.2 KB · Views: 4