What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did i make this pic?

Hypercite

Hi everyone.
yester day i was browsing all my old images and stuff.
I found one off the first images i ever made.
Now, the question is how did i make it?.
Im pretty new to photoshop so i cant figure it out.

But if any off you advanced users could help me i would be very grateful.

Hypercite

You did not do it from scratch. You've used some sort of image as a starting point. The image most likely looked like one of those ninja tripple blades. Read Kai's "Snowy Mask" tutorial to give you better insight on steps. In short blur your image, copy the layer, offset small distance, invert top layer, merge, invert the result, draw wild contrasty curves. Use hue/saturation to tint.
This is just a genarel idea that can get you a little closer to your goal, but looking at range of blur and contrast areas aditional distorted variation of the image were filtered and superimposed on top of itseld most likely in screen mode.

This might help start you off... this shape look familiar?

Apply the Polar-Coords filter (rect-to-polar) on a circular outline. :B

Hi and thanx

Hi and thanx for youre replys

I just remmemberd that i started with something familiar to the pic below.

So maybe now it is easyier to know what i did.

Ps. it would be great if i knew how to do it because i realy like it.
So thanx alot

Hypercite

To thekeeper

No i dont recognise that pic "thekeeper".
But thanx for your reply

Well look more closely at it... it's the same shape as one of the shapes in your image (look at your top shape). Which implies that you used the Polar Coords filter on a single shape and combined that with 2 others to create the overall shape in your image. ;)

I agree Mark, it look like it was one shape with polar coordinates applied and then merged with copies of the original and rotated to get the overall shape [confused]

Here's what I think you did.

You've got three circles or ellipses with polor coordinates applied. You also used accent edges and plastic wrap. Then you used hue/saturation to colorize it.

This is not an exact copy; but then, I was not trying for one. I threw in some of Mark's 3-D tutorial but this is what I ended up with. The crescent was created with polar coordinate, clouds, plastic wrap and accent edges. I copied it twice and rotated the pieces to more or less fit. Added some 3d-ness. The color and edges were created by copy merged and pasting a new layer. Then I used Find Edges. Hue/Saturation added color then I set the layer to Hard Light.

I hope this gives you some idea how you made the original. :)

thnx

Thanx every body
seemms as ill have to try the polar cordinats then ;)

well thanx a buntch

Because of the slight asymetry of the color in places and the jaggies on certain portions of the lighter areas, I'd say that the "plastic wrap" filter was applied at some point in the process.

Back