What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do i do this?

scorpion

this post refers to
http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=888&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

i can do the tut fine but i can't make it transparent :( .....and how do u encorperate a picture so it looks like its inside the sphere that kicks ass :)

and also on the picture below it looks like the floor below is enlarged which looks very cool is there a special way to do this?
trans-red-ball.jpg

sorry to be a bother
:}

Bubble! ;) Great direction! :perfect:

Hi again Scorpion! :)

I checked the link and this is kinda like reliving my first days here on the forum! [innocent]

Like you, I was "totally" fascinated and mesmerized with the glass sphere concept and if you followed that post through to the end, you would surely know that I spent at least a month (floundering and flopping in my efforts) trying to figure out the very answers that you seek. ;)

[stuned] What I did learn was that there's no 'hard and pat rule' when it comes to making the sphere look transparent. It's so dependent on your background! Basically, you're going to have to make a background selection, distort (spherize it) and incorporate it into your image to "suggest" transparency through one of a number of blend modes. And then, when it comes to reflections, the same sort of thing.

The example image that I have posted here, I'd be more than happy to share it with you just so that you could see how the 'background thing' comes into play. :)

Back