What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I do this?

just add the white frame same as in pic.
the part that makes them look 3D is have a shadow under each one

Yeah he's totally right, if you're new to photoshop try these steps:

1: Make a new layer above the picture, and drag a square selection while holding shift so it will be completely square.
2: Fill the square selection with a random color.
3: Enter the blending options by right clicking on the layer and do these things:

- Here you put the fill opacity to 0% so whatever color you filled the square selection with will be invisible
- Then give it a white stroke in the blending options and make sure that it's an "inner stroke"
- Apply a drop shadow as you see fit, and there you go! :)

The good thing about this is that you can duplicate this layer now and place many of these wherever you want to around the picture with ease. If the white lines on the frames overlap, you have to rasterize the layers and remove the white lines you don't want to be on the frame manually.

Last edited:
i would do it a bit different step 1 i would do same
1: Make a new layer above the picture, and drag a square selection while holding shift so it will be completely square.
2: Fill the square selection with what every color you want your frame to be.
3. go to "Select/Modify/Contract..." the contract setting depends on how big you want the frame. eg.. set it to 20 pixels
4. now press delete (that will delete the inside of the selection leaving a frame)
5. now go to blending options (right click on the layer) enable "Drop Shadow" and adjust how you want it.
then just rotate and duplicate as much as you need

Last edited:

Back