What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I fix this? What is all that pixelation on the left side?

Terri100

I'm new to this photoshop/raw file stuff...can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong/or how to fix this?

Attachments

• TLI_5256.jpg
    TLI_5256.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 2
It's very difficult to get rid of it completely I tried every photoshop tut on youtube but I can still see it, I believe is the way photoshop compresses the image when saving. Like it's not allowing the full array of colors to show up only saving a few in layers.

On this particular image the banding is pretty easy to get rid of but not totally. I have done it in a few minutes and the result is below (along with a little skin smoothing). If this result is to your satisfaction, I will reply with the workflow that I used to achieve it.
TLI_5256-E.jpg

If this result is to your satisfaction, I will reply with the workflow that I used to achieve it.
@Isac This is the General Photoshop Forum. This is a help forum. The OP is asking for help...."can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong/or how to fix this?". If you have a solution, whether it meets the OP's satisfaction or not, you should automatically assume that the OP wants an explanation as to how you achieved the repair and they should not have to ask for it since they already have. Please post your work flow.

On this particular image the banding is pretty easy to get rid of but not totally. I have done it in a few minutes and the result is below (along with a little skin smoothing). If this result is to your satisfaction, I will reply with the workflow that I used to achieve it.
View attachment 84552
WOW....this is incredible...please share how you got this?

This workflow is for this image only. All images vary and therefore require different techniques.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Copy BG layer (Layer 1).
2. Set BG color to the lightest part of gradient (#788691) and BG color to a dark part of gradient (#3c4145).
3. Make a New layer (Layer 2). We will add a radial gradient to this layer to match the existing gradient.
Select Gradient tool (radial) and choose the gradient with your new colors.
(Mode=Normal / Opacity=100% / Reverse=Off / Dither=ON / Transparency=Off)
5. From the center of the lightest part of the BG gradient, click and hold, then drag to the bottom of the image while holding "Shift" - then release the mouse. This will fill Layer 2 with a new gradient. It should be similar to the existing radiant.
6. Reduce the Opacity of Layer 2 to 90% so Layer 1 is faintly visible.
7. Add a layer mask to Layer 2.
8. Set FG color to BLACK and with a large brush (800 pixels) and Hardness=0, paint over the face and hair until the lady is visible.
9. Set Opacity of Layer 2 back to 100%.
The banding should now be almost gone. I do hope this works for you. Cheers.

As you didn't request the skin smoothing I can show the workflow on your request.

Back