What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do i make writing in a photo clear

matt74

Hi i have a photo of a boat with the name of it on the side but i am unable to read it as it is blurry, is there any way i am able to sharpen up the writing to make it readable??

Any help is much appreciated.

Oh by the way i am using adobe photoshop CS4

Thanks

Matt

Last edited:
can you post the image please? you'll have to use something like photobucket, or any other image hosting site to post the image here, but this may help you faster if you could

Hi KRF thanks for replying here is the image, you can see the writing up the front end of the boat in the rectangle, i hope there is some way to make it readable.

Thanks for any help!

sa3a0072.jpg

Last edited:
At the distance that the boat is from the camra it's going to be quite hard.

You could cut out the part you want and then make it bigger and the pop it back on, you may also need to re-write the text again but using photoshop this is very easy to do.

Hi KFR, im not concerned about having a copy of the photo with the writing readable i just want to know what the name of the boat is.

I have downloaded a trial of adobe photoshop CS4, ive tried to enlarge it and sharpen but i just dont seem to be ablel to do it.

Could you give me some advice on how to go about this??

Thanks

Ben

Im amazed that since this is a forum for photoshop gurus no one can help me out!!

Where are the gurus???

Somethings are just not possible,that image is of very poor
quality
maybe you can get the magic of a CSI TV show

Hi iDad yeah i think i iwll call CSI they should be able to do it for me haha!!

2pixels you took it the wrong way it was very light hearted what i wrote, isnt it rude to acuse people of being rude? and if it took me writting that to get someone to tell me its not possible when 170 people looked at it isnt it rude for 1 of those 170 gurus not to tell me so without having to write it?

Anyways chill out.

Thanks to everyone for the info.

2pixels you took it the wrong way it was very light hearted what i wrote

Writing things like "Im amazed that since this is a forum for photoshop gurus no one can help me out!!" and "Where are the gurus???", all with multiple question marks and exclamation points, is rude, period.

And btw, if I were KRF and I was unsuccessfully trying to help you (since it's impossible to retrieve the text) and you reply with "Where are the gurus???", then I would be insulted.

If anyone needs to chill it's you, getting help is a privilege, so stop with the demanding tone. And the huge text was not because I'm upset, it's just to get the point across that you can not retrieve the text, even wth a million gurus. Which part of that don't you get? :confused:

Hey 2pixels i wasnt trying to be rude so understand that, and also get a life who cares
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back