What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you approach this?

polarwoc

Guru
@Jerry-d and @HuckinFell Both of your outputs in this thread have been excellent. I would have PM-ed you but I thought it might help others like me as well.
5.png

Jerry mentioned he used colour correction. Could I bother you with how you did it?

When I tried using Selective Colour and Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layers, I could not judge how far and where I should stop the sliders. How would I know the combinations of what colours would get me to the desired colour?

My approach: I selected the wet area of the shoes and Curves did most of my job. I then went for Selective colour, which was probably unnecessary. Still unsatisfied, I added colour on top of the patch, changing Blending Mode to Colour. I finished it up with some Clone Stamping. This is what I have obtained:
6.png

I would love to learn from you guys. Anyone else who wants to contribute to my learning, please do so. Thank you.

I have an amazing chart that might help you out with color corrections and such, Polarwoc. These are ranges for skintones in people of various ethnicity. It really does help! :)

Attachments

• 05-5-techniques-advanced-color-correction-tutorial-photoshop-1024x571.jpg
    05-5-techniques-advanced-color-correction-tutorial-photoshop-1024x571.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 10
No problem. It was a good edit and a good question.

It is a good question @polarwoc and if I could remember I'd tell you! :)

I work in GIMP and, as a hobbyist, do most of my editing by feel and instinct - so may not be the best person to learn from!! :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back