What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you do this? (GIF/Animation)

Eddie Cook

I like comics and have made some gifs here and there but how would you go about doing these?

AS33.gif

BDKR1.gif

JLA6.gif

IM128.gif
pencil.png

they seem to only be about 3 frames in them slightly different with a short time on them open it up in photoshop go to window > animation then you can see each picture frame by frame and the timing

Cool. Thanks Hoogle. Im at work tonight so no PS, I saw them on a blog and thought they were really cool and then saw that he did them in PS.

Maybe when I open them I can work out how to do some of my own.

Ill probably be back with questions. Ive never animated anything, Ive only ever just made gifs of existing videos.

Like H said, three frames slightly differently drawn.
Place them all in animation adjust time line for each frame.:)

So say I wanted to take this image.

darkness-17.jpg

And I just want to add a subtle animation to the smoke.

Any tips on the best way?

And I just want to add a subtle animation to the smoke.

Any tips on the best way?

I'm not at my own computer at the moment, so not able to try a little test on this image. But you could try the Liquify Tool. Before working on the smoke though, I would advise isolating the girl (Including gun), and the text from the background.

Use blend if above a blank layer to isolate the smoke and erase any extra pixels merge to a new layer. Then you do whatever u want with the smoke after you have cloned back in the affected areas.

Back