What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does he do this???

jodellny

I have noticed in a lot of magazines and different famous fashion photographers all have the same skin texture in common. It looks like tiny speckles. The effect is really nice but I don't know how they do it.
Here are some sample images from Melissa Rodwell, Greg Kadel, and few others
All the skin texture looks the same? What are they doing to get this?

Can anyone explain?
Thanks : )11-753x1024.jpgEugenia Kuzmina by Melissa Rodwell (Glam Slam - GENLUX Magazine Summer 2010).jpgScreen Shot 2012-01-13 at 7.46.45 PM.pngMegan Fox by Greg Kadel-1.jpg

Thanks for posting the video. I just watched it. I like that technique but I still didnt see the same type of skin texture. Am I missing something? The photos above just seem to have some sort of speckle texture that you can definitely see but it looks natural.

using the techniques add slightly more gaussian blur to the image and then add a noise filter on top making sure you mask it out of the rest of the image where you dont want it

This is the post I was refering to. About the overall color and tones of the clothes and image. I know he is one of the best fashion photographers out, but he still uses Photoshop to to touch up. Any ideas?

Thanks

If you mean something like this
ws_Portrait_of_Charlize_1920x1200.png

Obviously over exagerated but all you do is create a new layer hold shift and press f5 and fill with the option of 50% grey then set the layer blending mode to any of the light styles ie vivid light soft light etc. Then go to filter > noise add noise withe monochromatic or normal set it to uniform not gaussian and adjust the amount. You may then need to reduce the layers opacity or blending mode to get the look you desire

Back