What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How draw a 2d model? Just algorithm needed.

soulilya

Hallo, hope you are fine.
I need help with drawing 2d model like this:
c5e911fd2e853b53380c77e85459a4c9.jpg

May be some tutorias, or just algorithm like so:
1. Draw rectangle 300x400 with solid border width 1px, black
2. Create layer
3. Create mask

Regards, Ilya

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome.

Creating a door like this can be done with Photoshop. However, depending on the level of detail you would need, if it included all of the wood grains, shading, highlighting, etc, would require an extensive step by step tutorial that would be very involved and time consuming.

Even something as simple as this already has 43 layers (including adjustment layers). And it's not even close to being complete.
Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 8.45.50 AM.png

soulilya

Unfortunately, i only have sketch from autocad and one texture.
I can do it, your example. But, there is some parts that not so clear for me: texture scale, ladges, shadows, gaps, slots, gradients this kind of stuff.

polarwoc

Guru
Since the scope of your question is very vast, and we do not know your level of expertise, I think the simplest way for you to approach is to 1) make an attempt 2) when you encounter difficulty just post a screenshot along with layers list and continue the process until you complete the project. Just a suggestion.

polarwoc

Guru
Okay, so you want to change the texture of an existing door.
That being the case, here is an excellent resource on how to do it. Read the whole thread. It has answers to questions, alternate methods, opinions, improvements etc.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
But, there is some parts that not so clear for me: texture scale, ladges, shadows, gaps, slots, gradients this kind of stuff.
Ok, say i draw example like from above. How i can do this things:
I do understand your question and what you're wanting. The scope of the techniques used in getting the effects you want are fairly vast and would be very involved and difficult to explain as a whole. As @polarwoc stated, the best thing you can do in order to help yourself would be to......

1. Make an attempt at creating the graphic.
2. When you encounter an effect that you don't know how to accomplish then ask a specific question.

This way we can offer the best technique(s) that you can use to create the effect. But asking for a complete step by step would be a bit too much.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is a very quick and dirty "drawing" of one of your examples to show that it can be done. This was created using selection templates, Solid Color Adjustment layers clipped to rectangle shapes, and the Brush Tool.

The main thing you need to have are some underlying drawing skills. Can you draw and shade a door with a pencil and paper?

Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 12.42.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 12.42.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 12.43.03 AM.png

A lot of the effects can also be accomplished with layer styles like this....
Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 2.08.39 AM.png