What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is my logo looking so far?

Passe

Its for a proffesional airplane commpany. I was asked to help out with their rebranding. I haven't used Photoshop in a long time so I am pretty rusty. I guess I wasn't that good to start off with but hey I tried. I would like some feedback on what is good and what I should change. I know the jetstream is terrible. I couldn't seem to get anything to work with it.

Thanks in advance :)

the stream should be from the wing area(s) where the engines are,
and I think the blue glow around the button should go........... just an opinion....... over all it looks cool

Imho, I don't mind the glow, but yeah, the stream from the wings would be a bit more.. realistic?...
A personal comment on the lettering, it's always an easier read when they are horizontal, rather than at an angle, and even less when vertical..
Actually it was an advice from most of my tutors back at university, but you can take it with a pinch of salt..
One final point if I may, at the scale that you have placed on your post, the plane image looks fine, but I'm just worried that as a logo, when it's shown relatively smaller, or when people can only glimpse at it from far away, they might miss the image or just see a white blob, at which point they'd only read the UAS and wonder what it's a logo for... so bigger plane?..
Overall good job! ^^

I've been getting tips left and right from people. I was told with the Plane flying sideways like that I should change the tilt of text to make it flow better. Haha Thanks for the tips guys. Earlier I figured out how I could make the jet stream curve. I will take a look at the suggestions you guys made and see what I can transform on it now. Thanks again for the tips! :)

I'm fairly new to this but I have a couple of thoughts below.

Just my opinion:

... Overall... looking good.
... I think the jet stream should be two curves, coming from the engine area.
... I think the jet stream should start parallel to the text on the left and then curve up to the plane. They should start fairly close together and gradually spread apart to the engine areas on each wing. This may give a more dynamic sense.
... I think the plane may be proportionally too small, compared to the other elements in the design.
... If the graphic is to be printed, the softer areas / edges may not be clear to the observer.
... Maybe the 'S' should be separated a little from the 'A'.

Hope these comments are useful.

Last edited:
I sent him that one two days ago. He replied and said it looked good but to cartoony.

I made this one after I sent him that message. Does it still look cartoony? What are some ways I can make it look not like a cartoon? Thanks :)

I sent him the one I just posted. Again he thinks it looks like a cartoon. Do you guys have any ideas on how I can make it looks more "professional"?

The last is definitely an improvement! Excellent ^^
In terms of cartoony.... Maybe he meant the font?... The edges of the letters (not sure what they're called) are probably protruding a bit too much?
At least imo the font doesn't exactly help with it being less cartoony...
You could possibly try a thinner font, but I'm thinking that might not give the logo the impact that you want..
Anyway, try it with various other fonts, and possibly just a nice, clean, bold font is what you're looking for?..
Keep posting your work, as you've now got me hooked to see how this will end up :D

He didn't give me any real details. I just sent him a message asking about it. He never really gave me much info in the first place on what he wanted. All he said was to give emphasis on the UAS and to stick with something close to the current logo so they can keep the brand popularity. He wanted it to be eye catching and to refer to the aviation part of the company. That is why I did all that stuff to the text. Hopefully I can figure something out to make him happy lol

I'm not too experienced with logos but here are some thoughts..... just a opinion after a quick look.

... I think the font looks less geometric (more fluid) than the other graphics.
... The font outline may be better in a very dark blue rather than black.
... The jet stream could lay behind the text or weave in and out of the text.
... The plane could perhaps be white or very light blue.

I do like the concept!

I think it looks nice. The idea is good, but I think it fails to present itself as a clear 2D or 3D logo. The orb seems to be in 3d, while the text is in 2d. I would have bent the text along with the orb, to make the items glue better together.

I like it very much! I think it looks corporate style now.

I think the effects you have now are much more subtle, which gives it a more elegant and clean solution. I like the grid and gradient on the blue and the text looks good.

Nice Job!

Looks better then your first 2.
I like it more clean and tight.
But you should shrimp the size of "UAS" a little bit.
IMO.

Anyway,
Good Job!

IMHO, now that your 'globe' (and perhaps try an actual faint image of a globe?... just a thought..) is much simpler, I think perhaps the lettering or the plane could do with more 'oomph'...
Maybe go back to the glow for the letters?... and/or the plane?...
What did the guy say about your latest try?

Back