What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many hours per day do you practice?

Firefloss

How many hours per day do you practice your art? or maybe don't practice but use your art. just curious :)

Per day, no less than 3 and on certain days up to 6 or 7.

I still complete (for practice) two or more tutorials per day. When I say complete, I mean I'm gathering stock photos and working the tutorial step by step (Unless I know of a shortcut for any given process, then I might cheat the steps a little!). I'm not just reading them!

Right now I'm working through "photo re-touching" tutorials. I have to admit it's sometimes hard, especially on tutorials that I don't really care for or do not appeal to my particular interests, but I ALWAYS learn something about Ps that I did not know!

My name is Sam and I'm a Photoshop addict.

On a normal day or bad day? lol ....

On normal days, 2 -3 hours. 1 hour for tutorials or fiddling around (Avatar Wars, forum assistance) , 1 or 2 hours for work projects (edits, retouching) .

On a bad day at work..... normally 4 - 5 hours on PS alone (not counting other graphic applications) , My personal worse was about 30 hours straight out of 42 hours on a project .... :eek:.

1 hr to 3 hrs....all fun not work related. BUT it really is what the mood is and what tasks are at hand.

I'm with Sam, though I haven't done as much in the last few months. When I'm really into a project, it can be 8 hours or more I suppose, but I never keep track that much. I can't meet dv8's!

I agree with Spruce, it's a lifestyle, a love it or leave it, and I identify with Sam, I'm an addict. You gotta be or you won't get good. Not that I'm making any such claim.

My three Ps of PS: practice, patience, play.

(PS: just reinstalled Photoshop, but that might not last too long as my PC is still crashing now and then. Back to the mfr again? Groan.)

on a normal day i'm on for about 5 or 6, sometimes on the weekend i can go for about 8-12, because that's how much of a social life i have XD

on a normal day i'm on for about 5 or 6, sometimes on the weekend i can go for about 8-12, because that's how much of a social life i have XD

Is that seconds/minutes or hours/days Zee?

i was doing about 6 hours or more a day if i was on a project that had me hooked , at the moment my new nikon d7100 and 18-55 and 55-300 lenses turned up yesterday so ive been full on photography tutorials , i went back to the basics and working through into the more advanced again and loving every minute of it

check out jeff cable shooting at night it is one to the best ive seen and a great hour and a half lesson and talk

its on utube and just the images are worth the look

got a two week cruise too new zealand coming up in three weeks so the camera will get a work out

Last edited:
Try to at least get one hour a day ideally 2-3 and always try to learn something everyday still learning as much as I can so most of my work is tutorial based work in my own way. Bad habits ive picked are getting distracted by fb or Twitter (try to stay off them while im on the computer) or getting annoyed and frustrated when something doesn't turn out as well I wanted it to or I cant do it ! Part of learning I suppose take a break and come back stronger !

Depends what project i'm doing. But I think 2-3 hours a day

Last edited:
i was doing about 6 hours or more a day if i was on a project that had me hooked , at the moment my new nikon d7100 and 18-55 and 55-300 lenses turned up yesterday so ive been full on photography tutorials , i went back to the basics and working through into the more advanced again and loving every minute of it

check out jeff cable shooting at night it is one to the best ive seen and a great hour and a half lesson and talk

its on utube and just the images are worth the look

got a two week cruise too new zealand coming up in three weeks so the camera will get a work out

will check this out. thanks!

Egosbar. Congratulations on your new camera. I envy you the fun you'll have. What an exciting trip you have coming up. Take some great pics and post your best. Try to get some of the unusual angles and POVs. Remember Tom's thread in the photo forum?

Back