What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to achieve this effect on the model's skin and the texture of the image?

look at the texture or effect of the skin of the model/rapper what are the things u need to do in order to achieve this kind of image? thanks for the help!09B538C6-F06C-4F95-BFED-278149B35689.jpeg180978EE-55FB-414F-976E-4330EA05F166.jpegBD6949CC-0BCB-4ABC-97B5-2418AB3AD70D.jpeg8CEE3396-ADD5-4437-B01A-BDEBE28A7930.jpegD2FDE5D9-2279-47CC-8775-38E8D42ABE37.jpeg

pauloalex_98

Power User
From what I can see there is a bit of noise effect in those pictures, there's a noise effect you can use in any Adobe Photoshop version.
If the pictures look like a caricature or illustration that can be achieved in any Adobe Photoshop version aswell but the best program to produce caricatures & illustrations is without a doubt Adobe Illustrator. In the filter gallery of Adobe Photoshop you have several effects that you can use to achieve this type of imagery, such as Poster Edges. Some filters in Photoshop will give you the option to add in noise which is the case in these pictures, they have a lot of noise and it actually makes it look nice.

Rich54

Guru
Aside from the noise effect that Pauloalex98 mentions, many of your images seem to have two strong colors in the skin tone. That is called a Duotone.

Here's a Before & After. Let me know if this is the effect you're after and I'll tell you the steps.

Before.jpgAfter.jpg

Rich54

Guru
I used the first image you posted as my model for the final look. Here are the steps:
  1. This is an optional step. Duplicate the image to a new layer and apply a Surface Blur to smooth out the skin tones and give it a painted or posterized look.
  2. On a new layer, add a Gradient Map (see tutorial below). For the two colors, I selected the orange and yellow tones from your first image. You can select any colors you want.
  3. In this case, the Gradient Map colors seemed washed-out to me, so I experimented with layer blend modes. I used Overlay, which made the colors pop. You can experiment with other blend modes such as Hard Light or Linear Light.
  4. Add a Brightness & Contrast filter and boost the contrast.
  5. If you want, add some noise to your image to achieve the grainy effect.
Below are the Gradient Map tutorial and my Photoshop file where you can see the different layers.

Attachments

• bikini.psd
    6.5 MB · Views: 3