What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Add Layers?

DaTopDawg206

I have a pic of myself cut off and refined and I have a pic of the Seattle skyline. The only problem is I do not know how to add layers. Can someone teach me?

There are multiple methods to creating a new layer
1:Under Layer/New/Layer
2:Hot Key Shift+Ctrl+N
3:With the add new layer icon bottom right of the layers window displayed in pic below

Attachments

• how to make a new layer.jpg
    how to make a new layer.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 14
Okay step two is kind of confusing. Can u break it down a little easier for a newbie like me. Sorry if I am waisting your time

They are not steps, but 3 different ways to do the same thing. if one of the others is working for you then you don't need #2.

#2 is the keyboard shortcut for making a new layer, Press and hold Ctrl and Shift keys, then press the N key.

I seriously need to do a write up on how important it is to get familiar with Photoshop's GUI and the tools inside Ps...

Agreed study the tools once you know what they do a whole new ps world opens before your eyes

Back