What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add that silver moonlight to an image?

Mads Hildebrandt

I was out yesterday at night and had the great super moon in my back. The light from the moon doesn’t really show on my image, how can I fake moonlight?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Can you please upload your image to have an idea what it is you want?

Mads Hildebrandt

Yeah, well, this is my humble image. I would like to change the warm color to a more silvery moonlight color.

Attachments

• _D8N8948.jpg
    _D8N8948.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16

Mads Hildebrandt

You played with the cooling filters, right? Tried that myself. Well, the one in the middle is somewhat what I’m going for, but there must be a better way.

Argos

Guru
Fas try.. did it just now, it's hard to know exactly what you are exactly looking for. But this is my try.

To me there is a lot of light in the original photo for a realistic moonlight effect so i darkened a little .
_D8N8948f.jpg

Cheers!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I'm not sure what you're after but with color selection I selected the whites from the sky and made them brighter.

_D8N8948 B.jpg

Mads Hildebrandt

Argos, what you have done is more or less what I’m after, and also have done, just not to the image I uploaded. But I just wanted to know if there was some way to do it to make it as realistic as possible.

Argos

Guru
Sorry my english is not as good as it should XD, what's not realistic for you on the image?

Mads Hildebrandt

Argos, realistic was the wrong word to use. Yours it actually quite realistic. Now I have even confused myself a bit about what I’m after. Guess I would like to be able to create that moonlit atmosphere you typically would see in fantasymovies like Lord of the Rings kinda stuff. Maybe if I add some mist/fog here and there, I could make some moonrays going through. But I think that is a bit out of my capabilities. I just want the moonlight to be very obvious.

Mads Hildebrandt

Looks great, Eggy. Well, thank you all. I will see what I come up with. Problem is, I actually also like the image the way it is. But thanks again.

Argos

Guru
Argos, realistic was the wrong word to use. Yours it actually quite realistic. Now I have even confused myself a bit about what I’m after. Guess I would like to be able to create that moonlit atmosphere you typically would see in fantasymovies like Lord of the Rings kinda stuff. Maybe if I add some mist/fog here and there, I could make some moonrays going through. But I think that is a bit out of my capabilities. I just want the moonlight to be very obvious.

Thats diferent and harder to acomplish XD, you need a really good base, you can try to play with the ilumination but it's hard with this picture.

_D8N8948gg.jpg