What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to adjust the ACR window to fit the monitor screen?

Dianoban

Have just replaced my old monitor with a new one. The old one's screen ratio was 2:3, fit the screen just right. But the new one's screen is 16:9. It is all right if no RAW file is opened. Once a RAW file is opened and ACR window covers the entire screen and extends way out of the borders. I have it adjusted to its smallest size, some portions of the window still remain outside of 2 sides of the screen borders. Some function buttons on the bottom edge of the ACR window can not be reached.

How to adjust the ACR window to fit the screen, please?

Thank you.
Dianoban

Hi @Dianoban
This could be a monitor setting and not an Adobe setting. What brand name and model number of monitor did you acquire?
John Wheeler

Thank you, Mr. Guru.

The model of the monitor is LG 22MP48HQ & its recommend resolution
is 1920 x 1080 (max) which is the current setting.

This is what I do not understand.
1.If it is a monitor's issue, why it happens only to the Adobe Camera Raw window, not to the Photoshop's window?
2.The Photoshop window can be adjusted to as small as about 10cm x 3cm. The Adobe Camera Raw window can not be adjusted any smaller than about 51cm x 30cm. The monitor's screen is about 47cm x 26cm. There will be no issue if the Camera Raw window can be adjusted to a display size smaller then 47cm x 26cm.

I wonder what would happen if Adobe Camera Raw were installed to a PC with a monitor smaller than 22" screen size. Would Adobe Camera Raw users have to have PC monitors with screens size larger than 23" ?

I think the issue remains on Adobe Camera Raw, adjusting its window size.

Appreciate.

Dianoban

Hi @Dianoban
No doubt a very irritating problem and understand your reasoning.
Here is a link to others having similarly described issue though I am not sure there is a hard solution mentioned in the thread.
So it could be a bug or a setting on the OS and also mentioned in might be monitor related as well.
If you desire more help on this problem from forum members, it would likely help to know also the OS your are using as well as version of Photoshop. I will assume you have done all the updates to your OS and Photoshop to incorporate already existing bug fixes.
Hope this gets you closer to a solution.
John Wheeler

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw/cant-reduce-acr-window-to-fit-screen/m-p/11223477

Thank you very much, Mr. Guru.

Appreciate your goodwill trying to help. Maybe, I am not the fist one on this Forum complaining about this problem. And thanks for the link.

Yesterday, I google searched and read quite a bit about this nasty issue. There is a fight over this issue. Whose fault? Most say the responsibility is on Adobe, but others say it is because of Windows.

I found an old monitor from my storeroom, a 2:3 screen, which I used in 2017~2018, running Photoshop 2017 & 2018. I tested Photoshop 2021 on this monitor. The same issue happens.

" If you desire more help on this problem from forum members, it would likely help to know also the OS your are using as well as version of Photoshop. " Thanks. My PC : Windows 10 home 64b. 21H1. And the PS : Photoshop cc 2021 & Camera Raw 13.2.

Many years ago, maybe 2008 or 2009, I had a similar problem with some software and I had to change my screen layout to 125% & 1024x768. Then, everything run smoothly. Based on this experience, I thought I should give it a same try. So, I change 150% to 125% on the new monitor. Bengo ! Everything appears perfect. Well, not quite. The characters are too tiny. Too hard for me to operate. Yes, I remember most of the function buttons, but still, I feel a bit awkward.

well, thanks.
Dianoban

Back