What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change pattern colors?

dineshtendulkar

Hi,

In the attached file, pattern is black stripe and other areas are transparent. I want to change the colour of the pattern with Hue & Saturation.

I tried with Hue & Saturation, but it is not working. Does the Hue & Saturation won't work with black colour?

How to do this?

Attachments

• Pattern.psd
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey.

You just need to place your H&S layer on the top of the pattern layer and then clip it to the pattern layer. Set it to "Colorize". Then add a layer mask to the pattern layer to define the border.

Without object.
Stripes of the pattern are now red........or whatever color you wish.
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 8.04.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 8.08.24 AM.png

With object
The black you see here is on the object and the stripes of the pattern are still red.
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 8.04.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 8.04.44 AM.png

dineshtendulkar

You are my savior, thanks. But it is not working for me, if am removing the object, don't know what i am doing wrong (Refer the attached image). If am keeping the object am able to do by both the method.

1. If am clipping it only to the pattern, it is not attaching to the edges of the object. How do i correct this then (enclosed the psd)

Untitled-1.png

Attachments

• Pattern.psd
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Post your H&S settings. That's probably your problem.

Here are mine.....for blue.
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 8.34.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 8.35.07 AM.png