What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to convert RGB/CMYK Photoshop composite into Pantone?

anirudh1610

Hello
Greetings of the day...

I'm working on product designs, product image were in RGB mode converted them into CMYK and initial printing was fine, but now printer wants printing files in Pantone colors.
I'm searching google from last 2 days looking for converting Raster Images to Pantone color mode, but didn't able to find the right way to do it.

Can any one please help me...
Regards

There is no such thing as converting to Pantone Colors in one step as you did going from RGB to CMYK.
Posting an image that you would like to convert using Pantone Colors would help us help you.

Thanks for prompt reply...
attaching the one of the JPEG file I have to convert it into Pantone colors.
stk_gralic_bread.jpg

stk_gralic_bread.jpg

There is no possible way to make this image look even close using Pantone colors. It would end up looking like a cartoon. Are you sure this is what the printer is asking for? This is just not done due to the time that it would take. Maybe they want type or Vector artwork done in Pantone Colors. Most presses are 6 Color CMYK and 2 Spot Colors. Or running 6 Pantone or variations of each.
I think you need them to be more specific.

Back