What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to create silver colour?

d_animality

Hello all... its been a while... i really need you guys help here... well i have this chair (attached pic) at my place and i planned to repaint it.. but i wanna see the result using photoshop first before i do the paint job to see how it goes...

well i wanna change the brown wood area into silver color and i dont know how to do that or even get the silver colour in photoshop (or some people say metallic grey) ... and secondly i want the cushion color to be hot pink with the same desgn... is it possible? if so how do i do it?

Attachments

• chairsa.JPG
    chairsa.JPG
    975.4 KB · Views: 4
Use the pen tool to select the cusions, then up the saturation. Then select the wood using the pen tool, then desaturate the colour to "0", then alter the brightness.

Use the pen tool to select the cusions, then up the saturation. Then select the wood using the pen tool, then desaturate the colour to "0", then alter the brightness.

do u mean desaturate on the ctrl+u windows? but it already default at 0... changing the brightness doesnt make it any silver as i want it.. im expecting atleast something like this (attached pic)

Attachments

• ann_chair_100.jpg
    ann_chair_100.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 0
If you use the hue saturation adjustment (Ctrl+U) turn it down to -150. Then up the brightness and contrast a little until you get something you're happy with.

R

Try this:

Make your selection. Go to image>adjustment>brightness/contrast and increase the brightness all the way. Then repeat this and increase till you have the approximate value you want.

I think that's the easiest method to get a quick idea of the silver.

Sorry RT, didn't see your contribution. Basically the same thing.

Last edited:
Lol... u should tell me about the black&white preset earlier (cause i dont get it when u say zero saturation cause they are all at "0" at default)..thus im getting something like this (attached pic) but in my case i move the slider all the way to the right... and followed by ibclare instructions to increase the brighness all over and some contrast to let the pattern shown.. so this is what i got... its rough tho cause im in a rush.. will do it perfectly tonight... just wanna show u all that i got it... Thanks!! :yourock:

chairsaedit.jpg

Back