What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator How to create this effect?

halfpiint

I have one object I'd like to repeat in two different spiral effects while scaling the object a little larger each time and rotating the angle a little, but haven't a clue how to achieve this. :cry:
I tried creating a brush but it didn't turn out as smooth as I'd like.
Let me attach and image of the effects I'm trying to achieve.
Any help is sincerely appreciated.
Thanking you in advance,
halfpiint

Attachments

• 0189.jpg
    0189.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 0190.jpg
    0190.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 0
This may take a bit of imagination and eyeball estimation to get it right.

For your first image, look for a spiral line drawing to act as your guide. Theres a few you can download... just make a search.

With your object ( say a tack) ..... Use the trasform tool to rotate and resize the object.

Create your new document and drag , resize or warp the spiral into the canvas.

Starting with the center tack position, drag in a copy of the tack, resize and rotate it into place. You may need to use the head or the point as the reference where to position it into the spiral. Continue this process until you complete the image.

Remember not to use a copy of an object already in position. Resizing it bigger will cause degradation of the image object. This is why you drag in a fresh image each time. Better to resize down than up.

The same goes for your second image but this time using Circles in various sizes like a target.

Hope this helps......

What version of photoshop do you have, if you have CS5 and below you can download Adobe Pixel Bender plugin which has a preset called droste effect and will do this quite simply.

if you have CS6 and above then I do not know if you can add any form of pixel bender to the program I have not looked into it but I am sure there is alternatives out there.

I'm using Illustrator CC.

Dv8_fx. I'm going to try your instructions with my star object and will keep you posted . thanks

I got a bit lost in the instructions so tried the easy way of just using the above photo as a guide. Problem is the
object I'm using as a model is a less 3 dimensional object so the depth disappears :cry: It's a star stud.

I even tried following a couple objects on spiral tutorials but when it got to the step where I was to select "replace
spine" from the object/blend menu, the option was unexpectedly greyed out..
oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be. but thanks anyway for your help,
here's what I came up with:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 7.21.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 7.21.29 PM.png
    40 KB · Views: 16

Back